MC MILLEN, Dorothy E. (Buffalow) - b. April 17, 1915 - d. December 23, 2009

Started by frawin, December 28, 2009, 08:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Dorothy Elizabeth (Buffalow) McMillen, 94, of Salina, Kansas died Wednesday, Dec. 23, 2009. She was an elementary teacher in Piedmont, Severy, and Ellsworth, Kansas schools.  She enjoyed sewing, music, and traveling at home and abroad.

She was preceded in death by two husbands, A.E. "Mac" McMillen and Howard C. McMillen.

Survivors include her daughter, Colleen McMillen Jewell, of Salina, Kansas; son, Howard L. McMillen, of Terre Haute, Indiana; grandchildren, Jamie Morgan and husband Michael, of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, Mark Jewell and wife Ainley, of Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Susan Jewell Klema and husband Daniel, of Windsor, Colorado; seven great-grandchildren, Taryn, Jason, Erin, Derek, Ben, Melody and Alexandria; and five great-great-grandchildren, Nathan, Skyler, Ripley, Trinity and Brooklyn.

She was a member of First United Methodist Church, 122 N. Eighth St., Salina, KS 67401, where a memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, December 29,2009.

In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the church or Hospice of Salina.

Ryan Mortuary, 137 N. Eighth St., Salina, KS 67401, is handling arrangements.

(Dorothy was a sister of the late George Buffalow and aunt of Forum Member Myrna Winn.  She graduated from Piedmont High School in the Class of 1931.)

Ole Granny

My sympathy to Myrna, Frank and family.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
"Perhaps they are not the stars in the sky.
But rather openings where our loved ones,
Shine down to let us know they are happy."
Eskimo Legend

frawin

Jo McDonald

I am remiss in this.  I too want to extend our sympathy to your family, Myrna.  I know you came from a very close knit family and I'm sure
your Aunt will be sadly missed.

Jo and Fred
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

frawin

Thanks, Jo and Fred, she was such a sweet special lady.   The first school she taught was High Hill (out east of Howard).  She was 16 when she taught there.  She and Margaret Gragg were classmates in high school.  We appreciate your thoughfulness.
Myrna

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk