Aul Family Information

Started by buffy, December 29, 2009, 12:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buffy

I know that Melissa Aul married James Chrismas, They were my grandmother's grandparents. Does anyone have any information about the Aul family. I am working on a family tree and I am so confused, there was so many Auls with so many children, If any one can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Marcia Moore

The information I found was that James Welch Crismas was born on Apr. 12, 1850.  On June 20, 1875 James married Melissa Jane Aul, who was born Oct. 27, 1857 in Georgetown, PA.  James and Melissa were the parents of the following children, not necessarily in this order, Clarence M.; Clemmie; Gertrude; Myrtle, Lulu Blanche, Mabel Edith, Clinton Everett, and Olive Edna Crismas.  James died in December 1939.  Melissa died in Howard on Oct. 24, 1943.  James and Melissa are both buried at Grace Lawn Cemetery in Howard, KS, as are Clarence M., who was born March 20, 1891 and died Sept. 10, 1986; Mabel Edith, who was born in 1876 and died in 1961; Clinton Everett, who was born Aug. 23, 1879 and died Oct. 22, 1928.  Clinton married Ciphronia Elnora Myers on Jan. 19, 1906; and Olive Edna, who was born in 1883 and died in 1941.  
    Lulu Blanche Crismas married Edward Burres, and she and her husband are both buried at Winfield, KS.

Dee Gee

Melissa 'Aul' Crismas is my Great Grand Mother, I really don't have very much information about her but I do agree with all the facts that Marcia stated. She was a child of John & Nancy Aul with at least one brother Will that was born in 1865 and died in 1943 at Joplin, Missouri. I'm attaching a picture of their gravestone.  Two of their daughters are buried in the same lot, Mable and Blanche.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

patyrn

Joanne Crismas Clevenger is the daughter of Clarence Crismas.  She used to be on the Forum, but I haven't seen any posts by her in quite awhile. 

Marcia Moore

I found some more information.  John Aul was the fourth child of Henry & Susanna (Mogle) Aul.  John was born on Sept. 14, 1823 and died Dec. 2, 1883.  He is buried at Webb City, MO.  In Pennsylvania, in 1851, John married Nancy Jane McHenry.  Nancy was born in Pennsylvania on May 25, 1831.  They were the parents of Sarah Catherine Aul, born May 12, 1852 in PA; George Mogle Aul, born Nov. 23, 1853 in PA; Frank Milton Aul, born Feb. 12, 1856 in Davisville, PA; Malissa Liza Jane Aul, born Oct. 27, 1857 in PA; Harriet Eliza Aul, born Feb. 10, 1859; Mary Elizabeth Aul, born July 7, 1864 in PA; Wilmina Aul, born Feb. 14, 1866 in PA; Nancy Susan Aul, born Jan. 5, 1868 in PA; James Edmiston Aul, born July 24, 1874 in KS; Carlos Oscar Aul, born May 23, 1877 in KS; and Richard Aul.
     John Aul's father, Henry, was born in 1794 in Hesse, Germany.  Henry died June 18, 1840.  John's mother, Susanna, was born in 1801 and passed away on Sept. 8, 1855.  Susanna was the daughter of Casper & Margaret (Troutner) Mogle.

buffy

Thanks to all for all the great information. There is just so many Auls in the census I had no ideal where to begin. Greatly appreciate all your information.

ddurbin

Marcia,
You beat me by about half an hour.  I just tapped into Ancestry.com and found probably the same family trees you just cited from.  Anyway, to Buffy and Dee Gee, if either of you want even more info on this family, let me know and I'll send along all I can find on Ancestry for you.  There's more than the sampling listed here.

buffy

Maricia,
Any and all information is appeciated.

buffy

Dee Gee,
If Melissa was your great grandmother, doesn' that mean we are somehow related? My grandmother was Aline Cliimentine Scannel,  Aline's mother was Alta "Clemmie" Crismas.

Dee Gee

Yes, we are related, I believe second cousin removed once. I noticed your screen name is carrying on the 'B' name of family names.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk