County Road Department

Started by Wilma, December 25, 2009, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Today is SUNDAY, March 21, 2010.  By 7:00 this morning we have had at least 6 inches of snow with wind creating drifts.  Before 7:00 this morning there was activity over in the county road yard.   By daylight two graders were out and an hour later the 3rd one went out.  Now, all you people that want to bitch about the country roads, suck it up.  How many of you would take your day off, especially a Sunday, to go out and make sure that the citizens can get out to church or whatever?  And what's more, they are still out.  It is now 2:30 in the afternoon.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on March 21, 2010, 01:31:40 PM
Today is SUNDAY, March 21, 2010.  By 7:00 this morning we have had at least 6 inches of snow with wind creating drifts.  Before 7:00 this morning there was activity over in the county road yard.   By daylight two graders were out and an hour later the 3rd one went out.  Now, all you people that want to bitch about the country roads, suck it up.  How many of you would take your day off, especially a Sunday, to go out and make sure that the citizens can get out to church or whatever?  And what's more, they are still out.  It is now 2:30 in the afternoon.

Actually they get paid double time for working on a sunday don't they?  I know for sure they get at least OT. Yeah i would work on my day off for time and a half or doubletime.  No problem.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

oldfart

they dont get payed overtime , so if they work on days like this say ,you get 10 hours you get 15  off before time goes in. on to something else M.MM please leave me out  of your post Il lost friendsat county shops because of you  and shakaford people still think we are same.,  Igave up trying toget my job back,so please leave me out of it ! ! !

srkruzich

Quote from: oldfart on March 21, 2010, 09:46:28 PM
they dont get payed overtime , so if they work on days like this say ,you get 10 hours you get 15  off before time goes in. on to something else M.MM please leave me out  of your post Il lost friendsat county shops because of you  and shakaford people still think we are same.,  Igave up trying toget my job back,so please leave me out of it ! ! !
ok comp time. so they didn't give up their day off, just swapped it for another day off.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Quote from: oldfart on March 21, 2010, 09:46:28 PM
they dont get payed overtime , so if they work on days like this say ,you get 10 hours you get 15  off before time goes in. on to something else M.MM please leave me out  of your post Il lost friendsat county shops because of you  and shakaford people still think we are same.,  Igave up trying toget my job back,so please leave me out of it ! ! !

As stated before I posted under the name of Shackelford, if you lost friends that is between you and them, don't blame me for it.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Lookatmeknow!!

I want to personally thank them.  Drifts are so bad still my way, but if they hadn't have gone out I know I wouldn't have made it to town today.  County guys, I don't give a crap what others say, thanks!!  My husband was talking and said he was sure glad that you guys came out yesterday and on Christmas.  I helps out the farmers a bunch!

srkruzich, can you not once just say thanks?  I mean, all you seem to think about is how awful of a job they do, they will get another day off.  I am not telling you what to think, but they don't get paid a whole lot to being with.  This is the negative additude that makes me want to scream!!!  What starts as a Thank you works into well they get time off.  Man!!!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Jo McDonald

I have to agree with Angie on her post.  Life is made of many things. We can not be envious of every thing that some one else has.
A kind word and a heartfelt Thank You goes a long way.  A job well done is worthy of gratitude from those that benefit from it.
Envy is an evil thing -- it only makes the one that is letting it show become the lesser for it.
  Our walks and entry ways were shoveled yesterday afternoon.  We appreciate that very much.  Fred nor I knew the gentleman that
was manning the snow shovel, but we thank him just the same.
  Steve, your smile is upside down.

Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

greatguns

I agree Angie.  Steve doesn't even live in Elk County,so it isn't his tax dollars to begin with.

peanut

There were some of  the employees that were out past nine that sunday and we dont mind, some look at it like its something that needs to be done even if its a sunday or Christmas. And its not mandatory we are asked if we will come in, and it does pay out in comp time, and there is never going to be enough explanation to m&ms or goat lovers cause some people arent happy unless there is something to stir even if they dont have all of the facts.       Thank You for the thank Yous though, its nice to hear them.
"Talk Low, Talk Slow And Dont Talk Too Much."
                  ( John Wayne )

Wilma

Out past nine?  That explains why I didn't hear you come in.  By that time I am having my pre-bedtime nap.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk