County Road Department

Started by Wilma, December 25, 2009, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.MM

Just a couple things i'd like to say, as i've been away from here for nearly a week. My road didn't happen to be in such bad shape as some apparently were last weekend. I don't know how the road employees are paid for working days off until I read these last posts upon my return, but I think that is between the employee and the employer, I was not the one to bring that up. I will say THANK YOU county boys for the work you did last Sunday, i'm sure it was very much appreciated by the rural people whom got the worst out of that storm.
Now, upon my return, my neighbor has told me that he heard anger and foul language over the county radio on last Sunday, and i'm not saying who said what because it wasn't me that heard it, but from what I was told, it was very inappropriate language that he heard on his scanner. I'm sure he was NOT the only person in the county with a scanner that heard the same thing. Don't know who or what that language was directed at, but it should not have been over the radio!!!!!

Jo McDonald

Things such as this sort of get under my skin. 
If the eavesdropping (scanner) listening bothered him/her, the scanner does have an on and off control, doesn't it? 

Surely the listener was not being forced to listen.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Diane Amberg

Jo, I have no idea what system is used out there but if there is an FCC license involved they could lose it or be fined over foul language if someone were to pursue it. I know, I know, it's none of my business, but I thought you might like to know.

jerry wagner

Quote from: Jo McDonald on March 28, 2010, 07:11:52 AM
Things such as this sort of get under my skin. 
If the eavesdropping (scanner) listening bothered him/her, the scanner does have an on and off control, doesn't it? 

Surely the listener was not being forced to listen.

Things such as this get under my skin.... why should the employee be permitted to act in an unprofessional manner?

Wilma

I couldn't say about now, but back in the 70's when we had a CB, we had to be registered.  Maybe some of you remember KDW 9000.  And there were regulations that if you didn't stay within you could have your license revoked and if the violation was serious enough, you could be fined and possibly your equipment confiscated.   This was BCP.  Today, few people depend on CB radios to stay in contact with each other.  My personal opinion is that nothing should be said over the air that would embarrass your grandmother and get you trip to the backside of the woodshed.

Diane Amberg

We still have and use our CB sometimes when traveling. It's still nice to be able to talk to the truckers.They are great for good recommendations for local restaurants and such. Breaker, breaker 19 ;D....

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on March 28, 2010, 02:47:54 PM
We still have and use our CB sometimes when traveling. It's still nice to be able to talk to the truckers.They are great for good recommendations for local restaurants and such. Breaker, breaker 19 ;D....
Most of your truckers went to shortwave back in the 90's.  You don't have to have the licensing anymore i don't think. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Jo McDonald

I still say~~~~~~~~~~~~~no one is forcing you to  scan someone else's conversation.  Just like those that complain about all the trash stuff on TV.  If you don't like it -- then don't watch -- and if you are eavesdropping on conversations of the county workers --- then don't repeat what they are saying and change your channel, or better still --- mind your own business.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

jarhead

Jo,
Why is that you remind me of my Aunt Hellen T. sometimes ??
Ron

peanut

I have heard worse on TV, I do agree with the on/off thing though.
"Talk Low, Talk Slow And Dont Talk Too Much."
                  ( John Wayne )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk