I Have Learned Something, I Think

Started by Wilma, December 25, 2009, 11:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

For the first time I had the chance to use live pine boughs with cones to make a Christmas centerpiece.  The pine stayed out on the back porch until the centerpiece was made, then it was placed on a table here inside.  Yesterday, we began hearing a cracking sound and since it was sleeting and the wind was blowing, I thought it was something hitting the house.  Daughter located the source this morning.  It was the pine cones opening.  I did not know that the warmer air would open the cones or is it the drier air?  Either way, I have learned something.  Old dogs can learn.

Janet Harrington

Oh, Mother.  You will never be an old dog.

Varmit

It was the warm air.  Kinda cool to watch if you throw one in a fire, just do it outside.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

sixdogsmom

Those seeda are kinda fun to plant and watch sprout too. We did that one year with seed from a Scotch Pine.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk