Forced to buy Insurance

Started by Varmit, December 24, 2009, 09:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Was just wondering how many of you are happy with the idea of being made to purchase medical insurance?  With the passage of the Healthcare bill by the Senate, it looks like this could become a reality in the very near future.  Also, how many small business owners would be willing to drop their coverage of employees and instead pay a $750. fine?  In short, we might as well say goodbye to the medical industry as we once knew it.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on December 24, 2009, 09:48:49 AM
Was just wondering how many of you are happy with the idea of being made to purchase medical insurance?  With the passage of the Healthcare bill by the Senate, it looks like this could become a reality in the very near future.  Also, how many small business owners would be willing to drop their coverage of employees and instead pay a $750. fine?  In short, we might as well say goodbye to the medical industry as we once knew it.
Well we have one last chance in november.  If we can get rid of the dems, we can repeal all this crap.
unfortunately as it is you can kiss healthcare goodbye.  Medicare is being raped and pillaged and the care is not good as it is, now its going to be worse. 
Unfortunately those of us that don't have perfect health are screwed.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

We ought not to have any kind of Federal gov't health care.

Dropping the Bomb on Health Care
by Peter Schiff

http://www.lewrockwell.com/schiff/schiff64.1.html

Warph

Read what Karl Rove has to say on the ObamaCare Bill:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704254604574614043538946528.html

Don't forget to check the chart from the Congressional Budget Office on Billions in new Health Taxes, Service cuts in Medicare and Spending Increases.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Sarah

The whole thing to me is depressing and makes me sick to think about.  We carry insurance, but to be "forced" to it irritates me.  We've had times when we haven't carried it for one reason or another.  And the cut in Medicare, we're not that age yet, but will be eventually and it's worrisome and there are so many doctors already that won't take medicare patients and now there will probably be even less that will take them.  Will the Republicans repeal it all?  They say they will, but honestly, I don't hold much hope for that. 

Varmit

I don't think that the bastards in washington realize just how close to armed rebellion this country is.  As far as hope in Republicans, I don't have any.  Thats just not at the national level either.  Our system of government from the federal all the way down to our city councils needs to be replaced.  Peacefully, if it can be, or violently if need be.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Sarah

Quote from: Varmit on December 25, 2009, 08:20:58 PM
I don't think that the bastards in washington realize just how close to armed rebellion this country is.  As far as hope in Republicans, I don't have any.  Thats just not at the national level either.  Our system of government from the federal all the way down to our city councils needs to be replaced.  Peacefully, if it can be, or violently if need be.

Do you really think people are that close to a rebellion?  Seems to me that the American people are fairly stupid and dull in their senses and will allow almost anything.  Just look what they voted in in the first place.  They allow right after right to be taken away and yet they sit there and allow it.  I do not understand people these days.  Maybe I'm just getting very cynical the older I get.

Anmar

hmm, i agree with Sarah.  What we really have is a single party government.  I try to always vote for third party candidates, and I encourage everyone i know to do so as well.  Thats the best way to start.  The political process needs more flavor of competition. 

Frankly, i like that a lot of people don't care enough to vote.  Those are the typical mindless sheep that just vote down party lines anyway.  When they don't vote, my vote counts for more.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

Yes, Sarah I do.  A lot of people are starting to wake up to what our government has become.  I think we are closer than we have ever been since the Civil War.  Our government is a hellva lot more opressive now then it was then.  This country is a tenderbox and it won't take much to set it off.

As for the third party canidate, I like the idea but don't put much hope in it.  Simply because the two party system has been ingrained into the populace for so long.  I mean you still have people that will vote along party lines simply because their daddy always voted for dem.s or repub.s, so that is the way they're going to vote regardless of the issue.  At this point I would have a hard time trusting anyone, regardless of party, running for office.

Sarah

Quote from: Varmit on December 26, 2009, 04:34:00 AM
Yes, Sarah I do.  A lot of people are starting to wake up to what our government has become.  I think we are closer than we have ever been since the Civil War.  Our government is a hellva lot more opressive now then it was then.  This country is a tenderbox and it won't take much to set it off.

As for the third party canidate, I like the idea but don't put much hope in it.  Simply because the two party system has been ingrained into the populace for so long.  I mean you still have people that will vote along party lines simply because their daddy always voted for dem.s or repub.s, so that is the way they're going to vote regardless of the issue.  At this point I would have a hard time trusting anyone, regardless of party, running for office.

I hope you're right.  I really do. 

As for 3rd party, I'm a third party fan myself, but tend to not vote that way much as my dad always said is all that does is take away from the Republican vote.  Too bad, I would really love to see a third party president in office.  I can't say the third party senators did much good though.  They all sided with the Dems in this health care thing.   >:( >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk