What the Hell is Wrong with Sonoma County, California?

Started by Warph, December 23, 2009, 11:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

redcliffsw

Years ago, folks did much better with one translation, the KJB, before the
modern day bible publishing and marketing.  I'd rather have a difficult time
understanding the KJB than to use the NIV or any of the corrupt easy readers. 

NIV is owned by Zondervan.  Zonderman is owned by HarperCollins.  And
HarperCollins is owned by the News Corporation.  I was not familiar with
the News Corporation until now - here, take a look at their website: 
http://www.newscorp.com/

Look at the other books these outfits are publishing - it's no wonder they
don't like the KJB and thus promote their "own" watered-down version,
named the NIV. 

For example, here's one, a HarperCollins book:
http://www.harpercollins.com/book/index.aspx?isbn=9780380015399

What else these guys are involved? 

Sarah

Quote from: redcliffsw on January 01, 2010, 06:43:17 PM

named the NIV. 

Redcliff, I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with you on this point and so we're going to have to part ways agreeing to disagree.

sixdogsmom

So how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? These and other questions will haunt us mere mortals until the end of times. Nobody knows the answers for sure and those who proclaim soveriegn knowledge are hippocrits at best. Enough already. Whatever man can do for improvement is a good thing, (I got that from Martha Stewart BTW). The origin of a book or books make no difference, so long as they are used for the good of man and his offspring.
Edie

Sarah

Quote from: redcliffsw on January 01, 2010, 06:43:17 PM

named the NIV. 

Oh, and just for your information:

Zondervan started as a publishing company in 1931.  It published the Berkeley Bible in 1959, the Amplified Bible (which by the way is another excellent study Bible), in 1965 and the NIV New Testament in 1973 and the complete NIV in 1978.  Now here comes the interesting part......................  Zondervan was not bought out by HarperRowCollins publishing until 1988.  10 years AFTER the NIV was already completed.  Zondervan was originally started as only a Christian publishing company.  And although they were bought out by HarperRow, they continue their own identity as a Christian bookseller and also published Rick Warren's books, "A Purpose Driven Life" among others.  

Anmar

is that the same newscorp that runs fox news and is owned by rupert murdoch, an australian jew?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Varmit

Quote from: sixdogsmom on January 01, 2010, 07:15:21 PM
The origin of a book or books make no difference, so long as they are used for the good of man and his offspring.

Well, that is the crux of the matter isn't it?  The Bible isn't for the betterment of man but for the glory of God through man following the teachings of Christ.  Man and all his works, no matter how good, equal nothing without God. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

redcliffsw

It appears that Zondervan is not a "Christian" publishing company.  At best, it might be called
a religious publishing company.  I've never been a fan or a follower of Rick Warren and I don't
give a hoot about his book.  In my opinion, he's just another big dog evangelical and he is a
true matching partner for Zondervan to market religious stuff that is watering-down Christianity
in this country.

Sarah

Quote from: Varmit on January 01, 2010, 11:36:28 PM
Well, that is the crux of the matter isn't it?  The Bible isn't for the betterment of man but for the glory of God through man following the teachings of Christ.  Man and all his works, no matter how good, equal nothing without God. 

Very true.  :-)

Quote from: redcliffsw on January 02, 2010, 06:36:18 AM
It appears that Zondervan is not a "Christian" publishing company.  At best, it might be called
a religious publishing company.  I've never been a fan or a follower of Rick Warren and I don't
give a hoot about his book.  In my opinion, he's just another big dog evangelical and he is a
true matching partner for Zondervan to market religious stuff that is watering-down Christianity
in this country.

I have not read Rick Warren either, but I am very aware of who he is.  But you Redcliff, are being stubborn and that's alright.  You read what you feel is right, but it's not a matter of right and wrong and no one is "sinning" because they read something else and I'm leaving it at that.

srkruzich

Quote from: Sarah on January 02, 2010, 08:09:41 AM

I have not read Rick Warren either, but I am very aware of who he is.  But you Redcliff, are being stubborn and that's alright.  You read what you feel is right, but it's not a matter of right and wrong and no one is "sinning" because they read something else and I'm leaving it at that.
LOL she's got a point there red :P
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk