Home Grown Terror

Started by redcliffsw, December 20, 2009, 12:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twirldoggy

Thanks for your time in looking this up.  I was gainfully employed and on no government assistance.  I was paying the fair market value for the rental.  I was in this rental because at the time there was nothing else to rent in Howard.  I consulted a lawyer in Wichita who advised me to start looking for another place to live and to file a complaint with the HUD office in Topeka. I moved out as soon as I could and I now live in St. Joseph, Missouri. 

Varmit

Quote from: Diane Amberg on December 21, 2009, 11:47:00 AM
But I thought that was what some of you wanted. People who got subsidized would "pay' by doing chores. Make up your minds folks! I don't mean you Twirl, I don't know what your situation was.  It's just that there are some on here who always seem to want someone to be angry with, or someone to feel smug about and superior to. So no matter what someone does they will find fault with it.
What, pray tell, is wrong with someone who received help chipping in on trash pick up, maintenance, painting, mowing, snow removal, small repairs etc. That's assuming of course they are healthy enough to do it.

Diane, if education is mandatory then community service should not be made a part of it.  Its taking the choice out of it.  Which, by the way, is the whole point of community service isn't it?  The quickest way to turn off somone to an idea is to force them to it, espcially kids.  Not only that but it would be an insurance nightmare.  Just imagine what would happen if a child was hurt while performing mandatoy community service in order to graduate.  They wouldn't have to graduate because the lawsuit would be so unreal that they wouldn't have to work.  The same reason that we can't use voluntary labor to repair our schools in this district are the same reasons that mandatory community service can't be used against our children.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Who was talking about kids? I wasn't. I was talking about ADULTS who live in subsidized housing! What are you talking about? What does HUD have to do with kids? I give up. You twist my words more than a pretzel maker!

Varmit

Sorry, I should have made it more clear.  I was refering to the community service mentioned in the article.  I thought you were to.  I went back and re-read everything, my mistake.  Wasn't trying to twist anything.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

W. Gray

I think Twirldoggy's situation explains why the new Howard chief of police lives in HUD housing.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk