GARDNER, George Earl - b. November 27, 1943 - d. December 18, 2009

Started by patyrn, December 19, 2009, 05:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patyrn

George Earl Gardner, age 66, a resident of Howard, Kansas, passed away Friday, December 18, 2009 at his home.  George was born November 27, 1943 in Sheldon, Missouri, the son of Gale Eugene "Gene" and Bonnie George (Finch) Gardner.

George graduated from high school in 1961 in El Dorado Springs, Missouri.  On March 18, 1981, George was united in marriage to Cathy Elaine Tharp in Miami, Oklahoma.  He was a veteran of the United States Air Force.  George was a member of the American Legion Carter-Rader Post #149, Masonic Lodge, and VFW.  He owned Gardner Hay Company for 25 years.  George enjoyed fishing, hunting, and visiting with people.

He is survived by one son, Justin Gardner of Howard, Kansas; three daughters, Kara Boone and husand Kim of Neal, Kansas, Bobbi Schurr and husband Lance of Hays, Kansas, and Kimberly Nixon of Eureka, Kansas; his father, Gene Gardner of Sheldon, Missouri; one brother, Jim Gardner and wife Sheila of Branson, Missouri; two sisters, Nahwna Maslen and husband Johnney of El Dorado Springs, Missouri and Karma Curtis and Jack Sportsman of Lamar, Missouri; eight grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.  He is preceded in death by his mother, Bonnie Gardner, and his wife, Cathy Gardner.

Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. at Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.  Visitation will be Monday, December 21 2009 from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. with family receiving friends from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.  Interment will be at South Lawn Cemetery in Severy, Kansas.  Family suggests contributions to the Greenwood Conty Home Health and may be left with the funeral home.  Online condolences may be left at www.countrysidefh.com.  Arrangements are under the direction of Zimmerman Funeral Home, Howard, Kansas.

(taken from Countryside Funeral Home website)

Lookatmeknow!!

George was a great man.  I will never forget him.  I will always remember that my niece, who is now 17, used to call him George of the jungle!!  He will be missed greatly by all that knew him!!!  Love you George!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk