Do you believe in Santa Claus?

Started by Wilma, December 19, 2009, 01:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Do you believe in Santa Claus?  If you did and don't now, when did you stop believing?  I did but I honestly can't remember when I stopped believing.  I can't remember when my children stopped believing.  Maybe I stopped believing when I realized how much my mother had to do with getting ready for Christmas.

W. Gray

I was around 7 or 8 and recall asking my mother to confirm that there was no Santa Claus since I had heard so many rumors at school. She confirmed and I remember feeling really disappointed at first but soon got over it.

At a Cub Scout meeting some of us boys were talking about Santa Claus and I piped up that there was not one. I was "schussed" by a kid my age who told me not to talk so loud because Lawrence the Cub in the room with us did not yet know there was not one.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Rhonda

:-* Are you SERIOUS!  There's no Santa?  Oh my goodness!

I always told my kids when they ask that Santa was the "Spirit of Giving"  so as long as we give to others Santa continues.

I remember one of my daughters asking about Santa and after my standard answer replied "Then I suppose there's no Easter Bunny either".  She was more upset about the Easter Bunny than Santa.  I'm not really sure why because I've never made a big deal about Easter baskets or bunnies.

greatguns

OH MY!  :o :o :o :o :o You poor people, you should come live in my world.  As sure as there is eggnogg, there is a Santa!  He has never missed coming to my house in all the 58 years I've been in this world.  I have even become one of his elves.  You know making 75 batches of peanut brittle and making popcorn balls today to go in his treat sacks for tomorrow night.  I so wish you all could be in my world.  IT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Catwoman

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Yes, Virginia...There most certainly is a Santa Claus...Any time a helping hand is extended to assist another...Any occasion that a tempered word is offered, rather than a cuff upside the head...Any smile that is extended to a less fortunate soul, giving that soul just a little help to believe in the kindness of mankind rather than its inhumanity...There is Santa, beaming his everlasting light into the darkness that tries to dominate the common life...Yes, Santa is real...And I am his biggest cheerleader!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rudy Taylor

I say keep believing in Santa Claus, because the minute you stop ... you get underwear.
;)
It truly is "a wonderful life."

srkruzich

Yep and this is a picture of Santa.

Does anyone recognize him?
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Wilma

These are all beautiful responses.  Maybe I haven't stopped believing in Santa Claus after all.  As long as there is the Spirit of Giving as illustrated in these reponses, there will be a Santa Claus.  He just doesn't come down the chimney any more.

Rudy is right , too.  Santa Claus does get practical as you get older.

No, Mr. srkruzich, I don't recognize the picture.  Care to introduce him?

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on December 20, 2009, 10:16:10 AM
These are all beautiful responses.  Maybe I haven't stopped believing in Santa Claus after all.  As long as there is the Spirit of Giving as illustrated in these reponses, there will be a Santa Claus.  He just doesn't come down the chimney any more.

Rudy is right , too.  Santa Claus does get practical as you get older.

No, Mr. srkruzich, I don't recognize the picture.  Care to introduce him?

Jarhead ought to know who he is ;)

This gentleman is Santa.  He had thousands of elves spread across the US.

Colonel William L. Hendricks
USMCR (Ret)

Toys for tots Began in 1947, when Major Bill Hendricks, USCR and a group of Marine Reservists in Los Angeles collected and distributed 5,000 toys to needy children.  The idea came form Bill's wife, Diane.  In the fall of 1947, Diane crafted a homemade doll and asked Bill to deliver the doll to an organization, which would give it to a needy child at Christmas.  When Bill determined that no agency existed, Diane told Bill that he should start one.  He did.  The 1947 pilot project was so successful that the Marine Corps adopted Toys for Tots in 1948 and expanded it into a nationwide campaign.  That year, Marine Corps Reserve units across the nation conducted Toys for Tots campaigns in each community in which a Marine Reserve Center was located.  Marines have conducted successful nationwide campaigns at Christmas each year since 1948.  The initial objective that remains the hallmark of the program today is to "bring the joy of Christmas to America's needy children".
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk