more... Village Idiots

Started by Warph, December 16, 2009, 01:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Village Idiots:

Completely delusional: "Good, solid B-plus. B-plus because of the things that are undone. ... Health care is not yet signed. If I get health care passed, we tip into A-minus." --Barack Obama grading himself on nearly one year of destroying the country

The truth comes out: "We would do almost anything to pass a health care bill." --House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

Who cares about climate facts: "It is said that the science around climate change is not as certain as its proponents allege. It doesn't need to be. What is beyond debate, however, is that there is a huge amount of scientific support for the view that the climate is changing and as a result of human activity. Therefore, even purely as a matter of precaution, given the seriousness of the consequences if such a view is correct, and the time it will take for action to take effect, we should act. Not to do so would be grossly irresponsible." --former British Prime Minister Tony Blair

Oooops?  "Some of the models suggest that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap during some of the summer months will be completely ice-free within the next five to seven years." --Al Bore, citing a scientist who later said he didn't know where Gore got that information

According to Hoyle?  "It is okay for Iran to nuke Israel because there are too many neoconservatives zionists who are  witty and clever.  They paint anyone who opposes them as a 'muslim lover' or try to infer things about their sexuality.  They are the poison, the parasite that ails this country. Just ask Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld, they'll tell you, they'll back me up.... God is great!"  --Anmar, resident political forum wacko

Consensus?  "[E]verybody agrees that the recession is over." --White House economic adviser Larry Summers

But is it really? "Of course not. For the people on Main Street and throughout this country, they are still suffering, the unemployment rate is still 10 percent." --White House economic adviser Christina Romer

Hollywonks: "[Greed and imperialism (read: capitalism)] tends to destroy the environment and so on. And here they are doing the same thing on another pristine planet that we've done here on earth. So it's a way, sort of looking back at ourselves from this other world and seeing what we're doing here." --director James Cameron on his epic sci-fi flick "Avatar" due out Friday.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Sarah

All that reminds me of that poem:  "Oh what tangled webs we weave when we practice to deceive."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk