Look who is $200,000 richer!

Started by Rudy Taylor, December 14, 2009, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

Severy man bags $200,000 Kansas Lottery check

After a weekend of deer hunting, Roy Higbee wasn't able to find that trophy deer to hang on his wall.  He did, however, get a big $200,000 check from the Kansas Lottery he can hang on his wall.  The Severy resident matched the first five Powerball numbers in the Dec. 12 drawing, winning a $200,000 cash prize!
   "My wife Tamara and I were out deer hunting on Saturday when we decided to stop at a convenience store to get something to eat," said Higbee.  "I ended up with $5 left and decided to buy a Powerball ticket."
   Higbee was shocked when that spur of the moment purchase proved to be worth $200,000.
   "We stopped at another convenience store Sunday morning before heading out to our deer stand," said Higbee.  "That's when I checked my ticket.  The Check-A-Ticket machine kept reading, 'Sign back of ticket.  Claim at Lottery.'  I thought something was wrong, so I asked my niece Crashena, who was working at the store, to check my ticket.  When she told me I'd won $200,000, I couldn't believe it.  I thought she said $200.  She had to repeat herself several times."
   Needless to say, Higbee and his wife didn't deer hunt that day.
   "We got out to our deer stand and I didn't feel like hunting," said Higbee.  "We decided to go shopping instead."
   Higbee, who works for Spirit AeroSystems in Wichita, said he couldn't wait to go to work tomorrow and share his good news.
   "There are a few guys that pool their money every week and buy Lottery tickets," said Higbee.  "I asked to be part of the pool and they wouldn't let me.  I can't wait to show them what I've won."
   The Higbees, who have been married five years, plan to buy a newer home and car with their winnings. 
   The winning ticket was purchased at Tripco Enterprises, Inc., located at Highway 400 and K-99 junction in Severy.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Sarah

That's awesome!!  Congratulations to them and obviously a very merry Christmas too!   :) :)

Diane Amberg

Jo McDonald

That is absolutely the best thing ever!!!!  How wonderful for the Higbee's ~~~~~I am soooooo very happy for them!!!!!

Like all of us know --- if you want to win....Buy a ticket, for gosh sake!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

patyrn

I am so happy for the Higbees!  May they have a very Merry Christmas!!

Mom70x7

What a treat! I had heard earlier it was Southeast Kansas, just not where.

Merry Christmas to them!

Judy Harder

Congratulations. Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Rudy Taylor

I'm needing to ID this picture. Can anyone tell me all four IDs?

Wilma

I think that if that is a picture of Roy, etc.,  that Roy is the one on the left.  I don't know the others. ;D :angel:

Rudy Taylor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk