Weather

Started by Jo McDonald, December 24, 2009, 10:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Larry that's wonderful, but I too enjoy snow for Christmas, although we seldom get it. It's early this year. Go soak up some vitamin D for me! ;)

Judy Harder

Well, who ever ordered snow for Christmas, you got it. Now would you please turn off the
snow/ice machine. Turning off the wind would be nice, too. LOL

This morning I put on my insulated coveralls and went to post office and store.  Came home with
the idea of putting on the dogs coats and taking a quick walk around and before I could get that
done, here came the rain, then the sleet/ then the ice and now we have snow.

I think that about 1/2 inch of ice/sleet maybe an inch depending on who's foot steps out the door, LOL.  is under
all the snow coming down.

I hope that we all stay warm and I do so feel sorry for the animals who haven't a warm place. Yes, we need
to keep the homeless in prayer and the people who can't afford to run heat all time.

Stay warm friends. I can curl up with my animals and I know how to put layers on. Then when it gets too bad, we are total electric here, if necessary I will wave the white flag and ask a friend if I can come stay with them for a bit.

God bless us all
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

larryJ

I spent a few years, maybe 6 or 7 living in Colorado and on a mountain top in Wyoming.  In Wyoming, it started snowing in September and didn't quit until June.  There was always at least four foot of snow on the ground during that time period.  So, I have had enough of snow to last me. 

People get acclimated to their surroundings.  In Howard, you expect temperatures in the teens and twenties.  Having lived in SoCal for 44 years, if the temp drops below 50 it is time to drag out the long johns.  During this week, the lows will be in the high 30's at night.  We sleep with the electric blanket on and the thermostat set at 65 degrees.  We just returned from last minute grocery shopping around sunset and I was wearing my Oakley sweat shirt to keep me warm.  As I sit here tying this, I have my snuggie on to keep me warm.  If I were to go back to Wyoming or Colorado, I would turn into a popsicle in a hurry. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk