HOLROYD. Robert David "Bob" - b. December 24, 1946 - d. December 4, 2009

Started by LisaT, December 08, 2009, 11:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisaT

I don't have the details only that he has passed away. He is a brother to Bill who lives in Howard. Bob lived here in Moline until about 6 months ago.

Marcia Moore

Bob Holroyd, who grew up in Sedan, was also a brother to Elk County Forum member "twirldoggy".  He was a veteran, too.  I just talked to my brother, Bob, who said that Bob Holroyd was living with his brother, Mike, at Leavenworth at the time of his death.  Don't know much more other than that he will be buried at Ozro Falls Cemetery near Hewins, where his Dad is buried.    

patyrn

Robert David Holroyd passed away peacefully in his sleep on December 4, 2009.  He is survived by five brothers and four sisters and 30 years or more of artwork.  

Robert attended the San Francisco Art Institute and Emporia State Art School after serving four years as a Navy Airman.  He served as a Sea Air Rescueman in both Argentina, Newfoundland, and Keflavik, Iceland on the "Distant Early Warning Line" during the Cold War and also was plane handler at Yuma, Arizona helping new Marine and Navy pilots learn live bombing and close air support for Vietnam Infantry support.  Robert was a service-connected disabled veteran.

He will be buried at Ozro Falls Cemetery near Hewins, Kansas.  Date of burial will be published at a later date.

Robert will be very missed.  His paintings are being considered by President Clinton's library, the Kennedy Center, and the USA Gallery for their permanent collections.  Robert's brother, Michael, would like to extend his appreciation to all of Robert's friends for all the prayers, good deeds, and help given to his brother during his life, December 24, 1946 to December 4, 2009.

(published in the Prairie Star 12/23/2009)

patyrn

Robert David Holroyd, 62, of Moline, Kansas, passed away December 4, 2009.  A burial service with Military Honors will be held on Saturday, April 10, 2010 at 2:30 p.m. at the Ozro Falls Cemetery near Hewins, Kansas. 

Robert is survived by five brothers and four sisters who invite his friends to join them for this final tribute.

(published in the Prairie Star, April 7, 2010)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk