DEMAND SUCCESSION

Started by frawin, December 08, 2009, 06:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Diane Amberg

Hey, I wasn't sniping at you. I just don't know how a writer can expect to be taken seriously when he doesn't take the time to learn how to spell the name of the subject he wanted to write about,( especially in the title)  including statistics. If a bunch of you plan to discuss it, it's spelled secession, no other way. Now there it is, use it an sentence so you'll all remember it. ;)

frawin

Diane as usual you miss the point that us dumb Kansans are trying to make. I am well aware of how to spell secession. I copied it exactly as it was for a reason. You seem to be the only one that didn't get the point. If you are posting a quote you don't change the wording.

Anmar

Quote from: frawin on December 10, 2009, 05:16:56 PM
Diane as usual you miss the point that us dumb Kansans are trying to make. I am well aware of how to spell secession. I copied it exactly as it was for a reason. You seem to be the only one that didn't get the point. If you are posting a quote you don't change the wording.
Frawin, it's you who missed the point.  Diane is referring to the title of the thread, which you did not originate from you.  Fine, great we get it, you copied and pasted from somebody else.  Diane's statement still rings true.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on December 10, 2009, 06:09:08 PM
Frawin, it's you who missed the point.  Diane is referring to the title of the thread, which you did not originate from you.  Fine, great we get it, you copied and pasted from somebody else.  Diane's statement still rings true.

First line after the title.

Letter copied from :"My West Texas Forum"
"Demand Succession"

The title would be appropriate spelling since it is spelled that way in the article.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

I knew what the author meant.  Like others, I could see no reason to address the spelling.
It's interesting to see others' opinions of secession.  Thanks for posting, Frawin.

Diane Amberg

My goodness, I'm on the hot seat again. I found the article interesting. But, I stand by what I said. Nobody is calling anybody dumb. If you had added sic it would have taken care of it. The word was wrong at least one other place too, but I left that alone as I said I would. My beef is with the author going out of his way to prove that you all are right, some people are indeed coming out of school uneducated and he's gonna prove it!  ;D ;D ;D ;D  Don't people take any pride in their writing anymore?

Anmar

Oh Diane, some people are just never happy.  I don't mind, it allows me to use one of my favorite words,  malcontent.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Diane Amberg

I give up. On the one hand I'm told it's an open forum and anyone can have an opinion. But, somewhere, in invisible ink there is a list of those of us who are not included. Namely Diane....I even try to be polite about it. OK, never mind. Maybe if I start cussing and name calling I'll get more respect.

redcliffsw

You must be a pretty good speller, so what's your opinion on secession?
Do you believe that it's acceptable? 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk