DEMAND SUCCESSION

Started by frawin, December 08, 2009, 06:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

Letter copied from :"My West Texas Forum"
"Demand Succession"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about the rest of you but Im fed up with both parties and the direction of government in general in the US.

From this point forward any vote of mine goes towards Texas politicians who favor succession from the US.

What makes us a country is a shared sense of values and ideas. I feel that the US no longer shares these with people of Texas.

Yea I know, many of you say it cant be done....I say the hell it cant. We can do whatever we have the political will to do and are willing to fight for. We are only beholden to ourselves and God.

Texas has the 2nd largest economy in the US and 15th in the World. It has 6 of the top 50 companies and 46 of the all the Fortune 500 companies, more than any other state in the union. I think we can stand pretty well on our own.

Just my rant....buts its also my vote....

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on December 08, 2009, 06:45:36 AM
Letter copied from :"My West Texas Forum"
"Demand Succession"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about the rest of you but Im fed up with both parties and the direction of government in general in the US.

From this point forward any vote of mine goes towards Texas politicians who favor succession from the US.

What makes us a country is a shared sense of values and ideas. I feel that the US no longer shares these with people of Texas.

Yea I know, many of you say it cant be done....I say the hell it cant. We can do whatever we have the political will to do and are willing to fight for. We are only beholden to ourselves and God.

Texas has the 2nd largest economy in the US and 15th in the World. It has 6 of the top 50 companies and 46 of the all the Fortune 500 companies, more than any other state in the union. I think we can stand pretty well on our own.

Just my rant....buts its also my vote....
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Varmit

Would never work.  Not because of geography or poitics but because of the people behind the movement.  They aren't willing to do what is nessecary to accomplish it. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

frawin

Quote from: Varmit on December 08, 2009, 07:54:54 AM
Would never work.  Not because of geography or poitics but because of the people behind the movement.  They are willing to do what is nessecary to accomplish it. 
Billy, I think you may want to change your wording some.

Varmit

It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

frawin

Billy, with all due respect, how many years have you lived in Texas, and who are you referring to as those not willing to do what it takes.

Varmit

Frawin, I understand what you're saying.  However, how many Texans would be willing to turn their guns on family and friends?  How many would be willing to kick those same family and friends out of Texas?

Those not willing to do what it takes would be a great number of  people.  Many of whom are backing the seccison movement.

For secssion to work all involved would have to be of the same mind.  There could be no compromise. 

I didn't mean what I said earlier as an insult, sorry if it came across that way. 

Diane Amberg

It took me awhile to figure this out and I'm trying to be nice, but have you all been talking about"secession"? Succession is a whole  other thing.

frawin

Diane, I copied it just as it was posted and I think everyone knew what the writer was referring to, which was obvious and already in other posts at the time.

Diane Amberg

I was talking about the title.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk