This Sunday Fox News, is going to air a very important documentary about Obama

Started by Warph, November 28, 2009, 06:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on November 28, 2009, 09:31:53 PM

There are 2 ways to stop drug dealers.  1st way is the way china did, execute all drug dealers and drug users.  The second way is to make drugs legal and take away the profit from drugs.  Drugs are marked up 1700 % and makes it profitable and worth the risk of getting caught to engage in the sale of them. IF you make the risk worthless by collapsing the market, then they won't bother to sell it if the average joe can get it for pennies on the dollar.

Take the money we waste every year on the war on drugs and use 1/3 to treat the users and the rest give back to the taxpayer.  Problem solved.

While most adherents to the Republican party can't accept the concept, I believe you are right with respect to legalization.  Legalize it, tax the hell out of it... and amend all criminal laws (state and federal) to triple the sentence of any person or property crime where drugs are involved or the perpetrator is using drugs (lol.... AUI:  assault while under the influence). 

Or.. shoot em all and let God sort em out!
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on November 28, 2009, 09:37:47 PM
While most adherents to the Republican party can't accept the concept, I believe you are right with respect to legalization.  Legalize it, tax the hell out of it... and amend all criminal laws (state and federal) to triple the sentence of any person or property crime where drugs are involved or the perpetrator is using drugs (lol.... AUI:  assault while under the influence). 

Or.. shoot em all and let God sort em out!
Thats the problem.  No one wants to hear the solution.   The most feasible way is to collapse the drug market.  That would do the job effectively and quite quickly.  Sure there will be a rise in users for a while but then it will stabilize and fall.  Then you would end up with your hard cores using.  Taxing it would be a problem if they taxed the hell out of it.  It would increase the price making black market viable again. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on November 28, 2009, 09:40:21 PM
Thats the problem.  No one wants to hear the solution.   The most feasible way is to collapse the drug market.  That would do the job effectively and quite quickly.  Sure there will be a rise in users for a while but then it will stabilize and fall.  Then you would end up with your hard cores using.  Taxing it would be a problem if they taxed the hell out of it.  It would increase the price making black market viable again. 

Gradually implement the tax (we already have the process in Federal Law with respect to federal tax stamps)... it works with booze.

Varmit

Gotta disagree with ya'll on the legalization bit.  Personally, I like Chinas method better.  I don't really like the idea of using taxpayer money to treat drug users.  Thats like those people who smoke, get cancer, then sue the tobacco companies, just ain't right. They made the choice to use drugs, why should I have to pay thousands of dollars to cure them.  Espcially when I can buy a box of .22 mags for around $20.  $20 bucks and you just "cured" 50 habital drug offenders.  Now thats a bargain. ;D
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

let's see.......legalize it and tax the crap out of it....where have I heard that before.......oh yeah.......I got blasted for sayin it a few months ago...by some of you same people.........now it's a good idea cause "you thought of it"...........cool.

Patriot

Quote from: pamsback on November 28, 2009, 11:10:38 PM
let's see.......legalize it and tax the crap out of it....where have I heard that before.......oh yeah.......I got blasted for sayin it a few months ago...by some of you same people.........now it's a good idea cause "you thought of it"...........cool.

Persecution complexes are difficult to d... oh, nevermind.

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on November 28, 2009, 10:56:51 PM
Gotta disagree with ya'll on the legalization bit.  Personally, I like Chinas method better.  I don't really like the idea of using taxpayer money to treat drug users.
Well we already are spending 3 times what it would cost to rehab them in the war on drugs.  So we realize a 150 billion dollar savings.

srkruzich

Quote from: pamsback on November 28, 2009, 11:10:38 PM
You didn't get blasted from me. I have advocated legalizing all drugs including prescription drugs so we aren't extorted 100 dollars just to get the prescription for years.

Anmar

"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk