Started by Chelle, August 23, 2008, 03:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flintauqua

In regards to "wholesale water", I refer you to this link:

http://www.kdheks.gov/pws/download/PWWSD_Apr03.pdf

Scroll down to the third page and read about PWWSD #20 and #24

Where the process has gone since I left, I do not know. :-\ :(

Marcia Moore

PWWSD #24 currently meets quarterly.  The next meeting will be Wednesday, Sept. 10th at 7:00 p.m. in the east room of the Cox building.  -- Tim

pepelect

Rural water district #2 meeting tonight at the cox building brought many to attend.  The cost of the system currently as proposed would be about $75 average cost per meter per month.  Regardless of how much water is used by each individual meter the average for the entire system needs to be at least $75 to cover the cost of the loan.  We received a $200,000 CBDG that needs to be initiated by the third week of December.   The funding for the rest of the system is grant and loan at 3.385% interest for 40 years.  The number of meters needs to increase to lower the base cost.  This is all subject to change as costs and people drop off meters.  Everyone at the meeting seemed very positive about proceding to the next step.  There was considerable conversation about water costs, rates, and water sources but the general concensus was that we should go ahead with the proposed phase I.  Phase II would be started as soon as possible.  Phase I is the core 50% of the proposed project with the other 50% in phase II.  Upfront costs for phase I will be considerable with only extending pipe on to phase II.  Phase I includes all pumping and source logistics to initially get water from the city of Howard for 3.5dollars a thousand.  The long term solution was to utilize WWD#20 at $5per thousand.  This equates to a cost of about 8 - 8.5 per thousand after the meter charges.  There was talk about raising the minimum to $75 base and then starting the water rate after the first 4500gallons or lowering the base and charging for ever gallon after 2000gal.  Rates will be looked at more closely as more fixed costs and construction delays present themselves. 

So the just of the meeting is that it will cost you at least $75 per month for water. 

Sarah

What did they decide at the meeting?  We were going to come but husband didn't get home till late.  :-( 

pepelect

Quote from: Sarah on November 17, 2009, 04:04:58 AM
What did they decide at the meeting?  We were going to come but husband didn't get home till late.  :-( 
The members have paid their meter fees that were not at the meeting will receive a letter asking yes or no, should we continue to proceed to fund this water district or not. This wasn't a decision type meeting.  So I guess I don't know what you are asking "what was decided". The meeting got over at 10pm.

Sarah

Quote from: ADP on November 17, 2009, 09:45:40 PM
The members have paid their meter fees that were not at the meeting will receive a letter asking yes or no, should we continue to proceed to fund this water district or not. This wasn't a decision type meeting.  So I guess I don't know what you are asking "what was decided". The meeting got over at 10pm.

Yeah.  We got the letter.  It said to come to the meeting to say whether or not the $58 a month plus whatever was acceptable or not and that if not the project was dead.  So, it sounded as though this meeting was a "yes/no" thing and I was wondering if they decided to go on with it or not. 

pepelect

Quote from: ADP on November 17, 2009, 09:45:40 PM
The members have paid their meter fees that were not at the meeting will receive a letter asking yes or no, should we continue to proceed to fund this water district or not.

Ok...I will repeat.....There will be a new letter for those of you that did not attend meeting at the Cox building on Monday night to voice you opinion on whether or not the $75 a month average for every meter will be acceptable to you.  If a majority of the phase I meters are in agreement that the price is not impossible then the project will go forward.  They can't decide to go on or not with out everyone's input. There is a map in Howard with the breakdown of who is in phase I and who is in phase II.  It is about half of the total number residental meters.  The project is broken down in the first phase all the pumping and hookup to water source and the core meters closest to the clear well.  The phase II is only pipe extentions of the lines without any pumps or other infastructure.   The lines are sized in phase one large enough for all meters in phase II plus some overbulid for future expansion.   The second phase should be considerably cheaper than phase one and will start upon completion of phase I and funding.  Metered water rates will be determined later and will adjust as expenses are more concrete.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk