HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE

Started by Jo McDonald, November 20, 2009, 09:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo McDonald

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. Just how are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my
neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you
just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my
collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes
to my ten-page research paper that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this -- ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello?), but when I immediately call back, it
rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What'd you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run
away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance
the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day "Dad what would happen if you ran over a
ninja?" How do I respond to that?
19. I think the freezer deserves a light as well..
20. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin
with Miller Lites than Kay.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

W. Gray

Number 5 – Fitted Sheets.

When I was a youngster and later in my teens, my Mom kept fitted sheets on my bed. Of course, we kids had to make our own beds and those fitted sheets, both bottom and top, sure helped.

When I left home in the early 60's and was on my own, I went out and purchased a pair of fitted sheets for my bed. I immediately returned them saying someone forgot to fit the top sheet. The sales clerk told me that they don't make the top sheet to fit. To which I advised her that yes they sure do because I have had them all my life.

I went looking in each store and each sales clerk told me the same thing "They don't make them that way."

Finally, I called my Mom to ask her where she had purchased sheets with the top sheet fitted.

She told me that all during my 18 year stay at home, she had, herself, sewn the top sheets to fit.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

twirldoggy

I was watching QVC sell bedsheets recently.    One company has a combination fitted bottom attached to a topsheet and a dust ruffle.  When you want to wash the sheets all three come off in one piece.  This is a conveniet way to put the sheets and the dust ruffle on without picking up the mattress.

Rudy Taylor

Jo, that was funny.

Easy to identify with every comment.

And yes, fitted sheets are wonderful --- they'll just always look unkept when viewed in the hallway cabinet.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Ms Bear

The easiest way to fold a fitted sheet is to do it while it is still on the clothes line.  Very easy with the help of the clothes pins.  And they smell so nice when dried on the line.

Jo McDonald

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  I LOVE air dried sheets   soooooooooooooo nice!!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk