Japanese Mortified By Obama's Bow

Started by Warph, November 18, 2009, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

Sarah, thats exactly my point.  Trappers article never said that, or anything close to it.  It said that both sides (right and left) are wrong.  The bow is customary, although Obama went a little lower than what is normal.  Trapper also pointed out in his artilce that Nixon also bowed to the Japanese emporer.  This is just another case of biased and unethical reporting.

Seriously, people, grow up.  There are bigger problems out there.  We don't need people bringing dishonesty here.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

pamsback

Quote from: srkruzich on November 19, 2009, 02:45:53 PM
Obviously if the Japanese are upset about the display, then it is NOT a customary act.

It is a customary act......

They are not upset because he bowed...they are embarassed for him because he screwed it up and came off lookin like a big goober.

Diane Amberg

They are also polite enough not to make a big deal out of it. We're doing that.

Sarah

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 20, 2009, 11:20:35 AM
They are also polite enough not to make a big deal out of it. We're doing that.

Awweee.....but what else do we have to do with our time?   :angel: :angel:

Sarah

Quote from: Anmar on November 19, 2009, 08:28:53 PM
Sarah, thats exactly my point.  Trappers article never said that, or anything close to it.  It said that both sides (right and left) are wrong.  The bow is customary, although Obama went a little lower than what is normal.  Trapper also pointed out in his artilce that Nixon also bowed to the Japanese emporer.  This is just another case of biased and unethical reporting.

Seriously, people, grow up.  There are bigger problems out there.  We don't need people bringing dishonesty here.

I think it was one of his articles that had all the pictures that it cycled through that showed that every other leader that has met with him does not bow to him, but rather only shakes hands. 

Besides..........it's about time the media was biased against a democrat.  Generally speaking, as far as the media is concerned, a democrat can do no wrong.  It's usually Republicans that take all the heat.   :angel:

Diane Amberg

Yeah, like throwing up in ones lap is respectful. :angel: I'm more interested in what they talked about than in "greeting" minutiae.

Anmar

Quote from: Sarah on November 21, 2009, 07:19:28 AM
I think it was one of his articles that had all the pictures that it cycled through that showed that every other leader that has met with him does not bow to him, but rather only shakes hands. 

Besides..........it's about time the media was biased against a democrat.  Generally speaking, as far as the media is concerned, a democrat can do no wrong.  It's usually Republicans that take all the heat.   :angel:

that is also not true sarah.  Did you open the links?  It linked to a picture of Richard Nixon bowing to the japanese emporer.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Sarah

Quote from: Anmar on November 21, 2009, 12:20:50 PM

that is also not true sarah.  Did you open the links?  It linked to a picture of Richard Nixon bowing to the japanese emporer.

Yes I did open the links, but I have read SO MANY articles on that little picture now as to be almost dizzying.  

This link http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread520017/pg1 out of 11 pictures of Presidents and Prime Ministers, Obama was the only one that bowed to him.  And there was no picture of Nixon in any of those pictures.  The other site only had the picture of Obama with no rotating picture. 

greatguns

Could be, he just wanted to look him in the eye. ;D ;D

Sarah

Quote from: greatguns on November 21, 2009, 06:16:36 PM
Could be, he just wanted to look him in the eye. ;D ;D

LOL  True.

Although, I was thinking, if he had bent over much further he would have been standing on his head.  LOL

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk