What Gets You Into the Christmas Spirit?

Started by Wilma, November 18, 2009, 09:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Oh yes, I forgot about the most important part of Christmas season... watching THE GRINCH!  Both versions (cartoon and Jim Carrey). 

Lookatmeknow!!

My kids get me in the Christmas spirit.  I also wait until after Thanksgiving to do any decorating, cause I do it at the house and at the daycare and usually by Christmas it don't look as good.  But kids just love the decorations and usually can't keep their hands off of them.  But back to the post, yes my kids have been asking and asking how long it is until Christmas already!!  I keep tellling them that its a month after Thanksgiving.  Doesn't work, they still ask the next day!!  LOL!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Rudy Taylor

Jo, are you kidding?

Would a modest, quiet, selfless guy like me beg for a pie then not be willing to come and get it?

Of course!  Yes!  And if you have hot coffee, I'll stay for a while and sing the first three verses to the Hallelujah Chorus for you.

OK, OK, I'll knock off the singing. But your pie will make me WANT to sing hallelujah.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Ms Bear

Jo, I think he is almost begging.  Amazing what food will make a man do.

Mom70x7

QuoteOf course!  Yes!  And if you have hot coffee, I'll stay for a while and sing the first three verses to the Hallelujah Chorus for you

So, is there going to be a Rudy Party and a Rudy Concert??
;)   :D   ;)

Tell us when and we'll be sure to be there!  :)

Jo McDonald

Oh my Gosh ---- Bake a pie and then have a "celebrity" sing to the baker??  How much better can it get

NOW --- back to the original question ???... Yep, I am as serious as a heart attack.  Tell me when you will be here to claim your pie, and I will have it ready and waiting.  And Yes...we can have hot coffee too.  Now I guess that means I make two pies, one for eating and one for taking. 

You've got a deal -- let me know the date!!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Joanna

I love the Rudolph, Frosty and Little Drummer boy cartoons.  The family got me the videos a few years ago and I like to play them in the background while I'm cooking family dinners ~ which also puts me in a good mood.

Jo, I don't care so much for chocolate pie (I'm sure it's good, but I'm a fruit pie kind of gal)... but I'd really love to hear that Rudy concert. HA!  Maybe he should make it to the Christmas tree lighting on December 5th and join the Cantata folks.  Christmas carols help put me in the Christmas spirit too  :D

Rudy Taylor

Well, I'm serious, too, Jo.  I've never had an opportunity to really visit with you in person, other than meeting you at the Elk River Festival.

So, we'll get our dates together as the holidays grow closer. I'm serious as a heart attack about loving chocolate pie with real meringue. Few cooks really know how to do it.

Maybe I could bring Kathy, too?

That would be fun ... and we'd love just visiting with you guys.

It even would be OK if Teresa crashes the party. She's one of my favorite people. We agree SO much on politics!! LOL  (I think I scare that poor girl to death with my thinking.)
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Jo McDonald

Well, if this isn't something --- I just finished watching MY Jayhawks win the game, and came in here to post a note to you, Rudy, and request that you bring your Kathy with you to the "singing pie get together" (lol) and you had one-upped me.  Yes BY ALL MEANS Kathy is expected to accompany you to our home. 
Sounds good -- we will set the date later.  I have no idea how old you will be, but I sure know how old I will be, so maybe we can have a guessing game and the winner gets the pie, and the loser gets to cry....how about that?  We'll ask Ask Teresa and Kjell too.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Judy Harder

Hope you all do get together and have a good time.

Didn't at one time the host and hostess suggest that we start meeting annually
in Howard?

I know everyone is terribly busy right now. I would be in favor of having a get-together for those who can come.
Just a thought. ( Maybe in the spring when we haven't a lot to do)

When I have to be in Howard, I look for those who I know live there.........but, except seeing Jo once and maybe Teresa at  Cookson's...did not know for sure if they were who I thought they were. (was shy enough, not to ask)
Maybe we can meet at the Pizza Place or even the back room of the bar?????I am joking.
Think about it.

Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk