Are you REALLY a conservative or liberal?????

Started by Patriot, November 13, 2009, 02:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Liberal, conservative, statist, libertarian, centrist.... what are you?  REALLY?!?

http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

Take the above test and maybe get a surprise!
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Anmar

I still can't figure out how the definition of conservatism has changed so much.    Anyways, my score is...

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%.
Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 60%.

LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and

economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one

that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.

Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose

government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate

diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Sarah

I scored 90% on both and most of that was because I don't think it's the governments job to govern morality.  I think that has to come from within, not from without.  That put me in the Libertarian spot.  The only problem is I don't care too much for the Libertarian party.  I really prefer the Constitutionalist party.  shrug 

Patriot

90/80 here.  I suspect that if people are willing to be really honest, more than we think will fall somewhere in the Libertarian area.  The funny thing is... if that's the case, then our differences might not be a vast as we think!  The questions asked on that survey take a lot of the 'conversational emotion' out of things and force us to give less charged answers based on what we really think down deep inside.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Anmar

After i read through the constitutionalist platform, i think the only major difference between the two parties is religion.  The constitutionalists are centered around the idea that Jesus is the principal derivative of the constitution while the Libertarians believe that our rights and freedom come from natural law.  That doesn't mean that Libertarians hate religion, it just means that they believe that our country shouldn't be centered on one.  I think that the constitutionalists are a little misguided when it comes to this aspect of their platform.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Sarah

Quote from: Anmar on November 13, 2009, 03:36:30 PM
After i read through the constitutionalist platform, i think the only major difference between the two parties is religion.  The constitutionalists are centered around the idea that Jesus is the principal derivative of the constitution while the Libertarians believe that our rights and freedom come from natural law.  That doesn't mean that Libertarians hate religion, it just means that they believe that our country shouldn't be centered on one.  I think that the constitutionalists are a little misguided when it comes to this aspect of their platform.

Maybe that's why I like them.  LOL

I think I get most of my ideas about the Libertarian party from the last presidential candidate for the Libertarian party that I've seen and so I'm not impressed. 

Sarah

Quote from: Patriot on November 13, 2009, 03:32:52 PM
90/80 here.  I suspect that if people are willing to be really honest, more than we think will fall somewhere in the Libertarian area.  The funny thing is... if that's the case, then our differences might not be a vast as we think!  The questions asked on that survey take a lot of the 'conversational emotion' out of things and force us to give less charged answers based on what we really think down deep inside.

I'd be willing to bet money that anyone that's in a government position wouldn't score that way.   :P

pamsback

100/80 libertarian......same as last time somebody posted this. .................... won't say I told ya so BUT......................

Varmit

Personal 20
Economic 90

Puts me on the Conservative side, no big shocker there.   
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Same as last time...libertarian on the edge of moderate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk