Railroad through Howard?

Started by MarineMom, October 05, 2006, 10:15:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

The house used to be where Mullenberg's lived.  They operated a grocery store at one time.  The Mullenberg grocery store building later became Parsons Feed Supply, but is today a part of the museum (between Washington and Illinois Streets).

Teresa

Mullenberg's ?? I  can't remeber where that is.

Who are your neighbors Marine Mom?

I don't know many of the streets here either..  :-[  ( lived here all my life and never payed any attention to the street names.)
so I usually just know who is where and who used to live in what and who lives beside them etc etc etc...
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

MarineMom

Hatfield's were north of us, There are some Cookson's behind us, Parsons are across the street (catty corner) and a big dumpy empty house is our closest neighbor to the south

Teresa

ok. I know now where you are.
The "Cookson'" behind you is Rob and Christina. They live in the house that my father in law.. Gene Cookson built with his 2 hands. It took  him almost 10 years but he finished it.

I still miss that old man.... :'(
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

You might also want to see "The Howard Branch" on page 3 of the Good Old Days.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk