Bad Dog!!

Started by Varmit, November 12, 2009, 12:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

it was stated that I should talk to the dog owner before calling the police.  Just how do you propose I do this if I have no idea who the dog belongs to or where it belongs.  These are not "neighborhood" dogs.  On my block there are two that I have knowledge of.  Mine and a yellow lab at the south end of the block and it is kept restrained. 
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Sarah

Quote from: flo on November 13, 2009, 11:37:04 AM
it was stated that I should talk to the dog owner before calling the police.  Just how do you propose I do this if I have no idea who the dog belongs to or where it belongs.  These are not "neighborhood" dogs.  On my block there are two that I have knowledge of.  Mine and a yellow lab at the south end of the block and it is kept restrained. 

You might ask around.  Someone else might know who it belongs to.  The police also might know who the dog belongs to. 

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on November 13, 2009, 09:47:46 AM
Well, by that logic, then we should outlaw bathtubs and swimming pools.  In 2003, 86 children drowned in bathtubs and 285 children drowned in pools. 

Also, from DogBite.org...

-Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner most often is responsible -- not the breed, and not the dog. 
-An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above). 
-Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be likely to bite. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack. 

Hence, it is not the breed, it is the owner, HOLD THEM RESPONSIBLE

Amen what a NOVEL IDEA! :)
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: frawin on November 13, 2009, 09:09:11 AM
From "DogBites.org"

In the 3-year period of 2006 to 2008, pit bull type dogs killed 52 Americans and accounted for 59% of all fatal attacks. Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers accounted for 73% of these deaths. | More ยป

If outlawing Pit Bulls will save one child from the horror of a dog attack, then they should be declared illegal.

Hell frank, why don't we outlaw kids. 1400 deaths last year were attributed to bullying.  So if we outlaw kids, then we solve the bullying problem.  Heck we even solve the population control issue as well as the current school budget issue!

Diane Amberg

According to  that logic, adult human beings should be outlawed...no more kids, no more bad choices, no more excuses, no more problems.

Sarah

Quote from: Diane Amberg on November 13, 2009, 12:47:51 PM
According to  that logic, adult human beings should be outlawed...no more kids, no more bad choices, no more excuses, no more problems.

Well, that's where holding people ACCOUNTABLE for their actions comes in handy. 

Sarge

The county has a law concerning pit bulls, rottweilers and dobermans.  It sets forth requirements for fencing and special collars that have to be on the dogs. I would check it out if you own any of these breeds and live outside the corporate limits of a city. There is also a county law banning the ownership of certain exotic pets.
the older I get the more I know how little I knew when I knew it all

srkruzich

You know that makes about as much sense as my suggestion of outlawing kids or franks suggestion of outlawing dogs for the sake of the kid.  That line is so damn wore out its annoying.  It's used to slam people over the head year after year to push through anything like objectional legisilation to School bonds to dog elimination.

The problem with our kids today is that their a bunch of pansies and their parents make em that way.  Everyone wants to wrap em up in bubble wrap for fear of them getting hurt.  You know what, I survived the 60's and 70's. We never had seatbelts, and we stood up on the front bench seat while ma was driving down the road.   The only car seat we knew about was the bench seat in the front and back that we laid down on when we were tired.   We didn't have seat belts either. Only the wide swinging arm of mama when she hit the brakes.  Now days we put rubber corner gards on play equipment and it has to be government inspected to make sure it won't cause a splinter in their hand traumatizing them so badly they need to bring in grief councillors.  Helmets for riding bikes?  Shoot, you gotta be kidding.  Never had them and my kids never had them.  None of us in my ENTIRE FAMILY including cousins, second cousins, mothers fathers ect ever needed a helmet for bike riding.  
Shoot i'll bet folks don't even let their kids climb a tree these days.  Ohhh poooor johnny might fall and break a bone. Shoot we wore a broken bone as a badge of honor and we usually could claim the right of having climed the highest in the tallest trees before falling.    

Most kids today don't even have a clue as to how to have fun if htey dont' have their xbox, or ipod, or playstation or whatever they use now days to play video games and getting kids off their ass from in front of a tv takes a act of God and a miracle of epic proportions like parting the red sea.  

Yeah kids are downright spoiled rotten these days.  Have it far too easy in life. LOL I saw on the kake board where some kid said they were so stressed.  ROTFLMBO  stressed????  Ok. IF the say so.

Patriot

BINGO!  Wouldn't the world be a wonderful place if it weren't for humandoings?   Oh... and dogs, of course.  ;D
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

Steve I was just being sarcastic! You do know its adults, the parents that have insisted on ramping up all the safety rules.The kids sure didn't do it. So if ya eliminate adults, no more problems, right? Lawyers have pushed for years to have adults make demands on adult accountability...Lawsuits make tons of money. It all started about the same time years ago when lawyers were allowed to advertise again. Then people took off on their own. You couldn't accept that sometimes stuff just happens, somebody has to be accountable. Ok, so then enters the law, the police, the lawyers, the Gov't and the wheel turns once more. We've done it to ourselves.There are so many suits now that the courts don't have time for real problems, they are tied up with junk. As far as kids getting off theri duffs and doing something....who lets them veg out and have all that stuff.... adults! They need to start parenting again and not let those kids run the house. Heck, I know people who are afraid of their own kids! As far as seat belts I have to disagree. I rode the ambulance too long and saw to many cradle cap fractures and gutter burned kids with serious injuries who fell out of moving cars. We just never see those any more, thanks to seat belts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk