Bad Dog!!

Started by Varmit, November 12, 2009, 12:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

ahh, last time i was in grenola, a 3 legged dog was running after one of my brothers, thought it may have been a conservative dog =p
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on November 12, 2009, 08:16:46 PM
ahh, last time i was in grenola, a 3 legged dog was running after one of my brothers, thought it may have been a conservative dog =p
Sadly yes that one lost a leg due to obama's spread the wealth policies. Obama determined that he didn't need that 4th leg so he had to give it up for transplant to a 2 legged cat.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

jarhead

Anmar

"The chief source of problems is solutions"

pepelect

Quote from: Sarah on November 12, 2009, 02:59:27 PM
Wood stoves?  Sheesh
The city of Howard did pass a no wood stove ordinance. It is for the two block area around the business district.  It only affects business owners and only if the the structure is adjoining to another.  If you share a common wall you can't have a wood stove.  It was based on a similar set of rules set up by Fort Scott, Parsons, Iola, and other Kansas municipalities that have lost downtown businesses to wood heat fires.  It has no bearing on residences.

Sarah

Quote from: ADP on November 12, 2009, 10:35:31 PM
The city of Howard did pass a no wood stove ordinance. It is for the two block area around the business district.  It only affects business owners and only if the the structure is adjoining to another.  If you share a common wall you can't have a wood stove.  It was based on a similar set of rules set up by Fort Scott, Parsons, Iola, and other Kansas municipalities that have lost downtown businesses to wood heat fires.  It has no bearing on residences.

Ahh, thanks for the info.  I was curious about the people that heat only with wood. 

kdtmv2003

I thought I heard that Moline does not allow Pitbull in city limits.  Does anyone know if that is true?

frawin

From "DogBites.org"

In the 3-year period of 2006 to 2008, pit bull type dogs killed 52 Americans and accounted for 59% of all fatal attacks. Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers accounted for 73% of these deaths. | More »

If outlawing Pit Bulls will save one child from the horror of a dog attack, then they should be declared illegal.

Sarah

Quote from: frawin on November 13, 2009, 09:09:11 AM
From "DogBites.org"

In the 3-year period of 2006 to 2008, pit bull type dogs killed 52 Americans and accounted for 59% of all fatal attacks. Combined, pit bulls and rottweilers accounted for 73% of these deaths. | More »

If outlawing Pit Bulls will save one child from the horror of a dog attack, then they should be declared illegal.

And out of those over HALF of those were from the FAMILY dog because a very young child was left unattended with a dog.  And out of those, how many were because people aren't educated about teaching their children about dog safety? 

You know, I'll bet you're the same kind of person that is all for outlawing guns too if it will save but one child.  How many children are killed from gun shot wounds every year?  How many children are killed in car accidents every year?  Shall we outlaw cars too?  How many children drown in family pools every year?  Hmm....maybe we should outlaw those too.  Ooops, how many children are seriously hurt or killed in horseback riding accidents every year?  Geez, maybe we should make it illegal for people to ride horses too.  Let's see what else we can outlaw.  Maybe we should outlaw abortion since that kills 1,000's of little innocent children every single year. 

Varmit

Well, by that logic, then we should outlaw bathtubs and swimming pools.  In 2003, 86 children drowned in bathtubs and 285 children drowned in pools. 

Also, from DogBite.org...

-Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner most often is responsible -- not the breed, and not the dog. 
-An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above). 
-Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be likely to bite. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack. 

Hence, it is not the breed, it is the owner, HOLD THEM RESPONSIBLE
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk