WEST ELK VOTERS SAY A FIRM "NO" ON TUESDAY

Started by Rudy Taylor, November 03, 2009, 08:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Has anyone read the comments that have been posted on the KAKE facepage about this story?  After reading it and noticing the mispelled words, it would be a wonder if anyone doesn't think Elk County needs better schools.  I also noticed that Deb Farris's e-mail address is posted along with her article.  It could have been anyone that alerted her to the story.  Her facts are wrong, though.  She should have verified her facts before going on air with them or posting them.

Lookatmeknow!!

I noticed that the super wouldn't go on air.  Don't you think that is because this is such a big decisions that its hard to make.  I read the things people posted and noticed that 2 students posted things on there.  It's actually nice to hear what they think about the issue and she their view.  I played the feed and my youngest was kinda taken back.  She said, they are closing our school.  When, mom, when.  I just told her that not right away, and that she would get to finish school this year.  But to see the shock in her face, was enough for me.  I haven't told my children anything about the issue, until something is determined by the board and is in print.  And then it's not 100% clear if it will stay that way or not.  But what got me is that a 4 year old is concearned.  She loves school, and I plan on her attending the school, where ever it may be for years to come.  I just hope we have one that long!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Mom70x7

QuoteI noticed that the super wouldn't go on air.  Don't you think that is because this is such a big decisions that its hard to make.

The administrators are meeting tomorrow to come up with alternatives. Then they'll recommend to the school board, for discussion at the December meeting.

At least that was the plan mentioned at last Monday's school board meeting.

heather_tyler_2014

I hadn't hear about the 'News Story' until in Social Studies today in class. By the way our teacher told me it had said they were done, closing the schools, moving in the modulars ASAP. The first thing I did when I got out of practice today was come and watch this video. Thats just amazing. I can't believe all the mis-leading information and such. 
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

Wilma

Welcome to the world, Heather.  You have a lifetime ahead of you of mis-information, etc.  Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see unless it is coming from me.

heather_tyler_2014

Of course, I would believe anything you would tell me!! =]
Sword with a double edged blade...it'll cut you either way.

rickperk

I particularly liked Deb making reference to the Elk County School District instead of West Elk.  Tells me they didn't even bother to check facts just went on what they heard from whomever contacted them.  Albeit, I would assume they are right on the closing of schools in both Severy and Moline.  Just a matter of time, whether it is this school year or next.  I am in hope that the communities, through their board representatives, get to make that decision and not have some plan no one wants handed down to them from the State of Kansas. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk