AARP shows its true colors

Started by Patriot, November 05, 2009, 02:10:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

lol, more and more lies.  This is getting silly.  Warph, i think you're the one that needs to relax.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Anmar

oo i found one thats not a lie

Quote***Grants the authority to negotiate drug prices for Medicare beneficiaries to the Secretary of Health and Human Services.

What the hell is wrong with that?  At least someone needs to be doing it.

Warph

Quote from: Anmar on November 07, 2009, 10:27:10 PM
lol, more and more lies.  This is getting silly.  Warph, i think you're the one that needs to relax.

Ah yes...right on cue... their you go with the "Lie" bit again.  Like some little kid... "Mommy, he lied to me..." give me a break.  You need to grow up and be a man.... although I don't think that's possible.  Have you noticed, everything  is a lie to you except what you write.  I guess Slappys' granny didn't get through that far-left head of yours.  If you think they, the gov, can do better, you are definitely a mooncalf drinking the liberal koolaid.

Quote from: Anmar on November 07, 2009, 11:06:09 PM
oo i found one thats not a lie

Quote***Grants the authority to negotiate drug prices for Medicare beneficiaries to the Secretary of Health and Human Services.

What the hell is wrong with that?  At least someone needs to be doing it.

Are you kidding me?  Where have you been.  That's already being done by the PBMs, sport.... the pharmacy benefit managers... they serve as the middlemen between health insurance plans, including both private health insurance plans and Medicare Part D, pharmaceutical manufacturers and pharmacies.  Let me lay it out for you with some help from some knowledgeable sites.  They manage most of the prescriptions filled in the United States.  PBMs negotiate price discounts from retail pharmacies and wholesalers and gain rebates from manufacturers to lower drug prices.  They have been doing this since the wheel was invented.  The PBM is a third party administrator of prescription drug programs.  They are primarily responsible for processing and paying prescription drug claims.  They also are responsible for developing and maintaining the formulary, contracting with pharmacies, and negotiating discounts and rebates with drug manufacturers and have been for many years.  Today, more than 210 million Americans nationwide receive drug benefits administered by PBMs.  PBMs aggregate the buying clout of millions of enrollees through their client health plans, enabling plan sponsors and individuals to obtain lower prices for their prescription drugs through price discounts from retail pharmacies, rebates from pharmaceutical manufacturers, and the efficiencies of mail-service pharmacies.  PBMs also use clinical tools aimed at reducing inappropriate prescribing by physicians, reducing medication errors, and improving consumer compliance and health outcomes.  PBMs also often have the ability to offer initiatives that give value and flexibility to participants, such as tablet splitting, sampling and mail order service.  Due to their larger purchasing pool for prescription drugs, PBMs can negotiate rebates and discounts on behalf of their clients. 

However, in recent years, lawsuits filed by the federal and state governments have alleged that PBMs have been operating against their clients' interests—and breaching their fiduciary duties to their clients—by secretly retaining rebates and discounts that the PBMs were obligated to pass through to their clients.  Some PBMs claim that these gov law suits are being done in preparation of the coming total gov healthcare.

Now the gov wants to get involved and handle what the PBMs have been doing.  Good luck Mr. Public American.  Forget the brand name drugs (which many many more will be sold overseas to other countries if the gov steps in).  You're going to receive generic drugs if the gov has anything to say about it.  And if a generic isn't available.... (the time it takes a generic drug to appear on the market varies.  In the US, drug patents give twenty years of protection, but they are applied for before clinical trials begin, so the effective life of a drug patent tends to be between seven and twelve years).... prepare to pay the same  high price for prescription brand name drugs you are paying today.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Anmar

wait, so you throw out about 20 lies, i call them lies, and then I'm the one with the problem?  hmmm.  I guess thats kind of the problem with the far right wing wackos.  You're so lost in your own head that you can't make any sense of anything.

Warph

Geez anmar, you seem upset again.  Now go home and tell your mommy that that 71 yr. old Warph has been telling you lies again and you don't know how to make him stop.
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Anmar

lol, my mom reads these forums, she thinks your senile.

Warph

Now anmar, you know that is one of your little lies... your mommy is probably telling you that ol' Warph is right as rain and you're not taking your meds again like a good little boy. 
--Warph

-- Warph

Anmar

Varmit

Anmar, can you point out anymore "lies", or was it just the one? 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk