WEST ELK VOTERS SAY A FIRM "NO" ON TUESDAY

Started by Rudy Taylor, November 03, 2009, 08:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Quote from: peanut on November 03, 2009, 09:17:08 PM
Well my taxes went up too...Guess that is the price we pay for living in a free county.

I don't know about free country, but that's the price you pay for living in Elk County.  Elk county has some of the highest taxes in the state of Kansas. 

srkruzich

Quote from: Sarah on November 03, 2009, 09:24:43 PM
Well my taxes went up too...Guess that is the price we pay for living in a free county.

I don't know about free country, but that's the price you pay for living in Elk County.  Elk county has some of the highest taxes in the state of Kansas. 

And No Water!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Back to the main topic of this thread.....

Now that the 5.5 million dollar 'Plan A' has failed, does anybody want to prognosticate what the unpublished, undiscussed 'Plan B' will entail and how much it will cost?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

MarkHall

The USD 282 Board of Education will hold its regular monthly meeting on Monday night, Nov. 9, at 7:30 p.m. Board members must now decide which direction to take as the school continues with its three-campus school district.

The board meetings are open to the public, and I believe this has been discussed at previous meetings...

They'll now be forced to make a decision regarding the future of the Severy and Moline grade schools.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on November 03, 2009, 09:26:05 PM

And No Water!

Yeah... all that and two, countem... TWO paved roads in the entire county (exclusive of towns, of course).  Well, there is that matter of the number of govt employees in the county.  At last count it was something like 10% of the county population.  

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on November 03, 2009, 09:29:56 PM

And No Water!

Yeah... all that and two, countem... TWO paved roads in the entire county (exclusive of towns, of course).  Well, there is that matter of the number of govt employees in the county.  At last count it was something like 10% of the county population.  

GASP  You mean the county spent money on blacktop?????  OMG

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on November 03, 2009, 09:35:21 PM
Quote from: Patriot on November 03, 2009, 09:29:56 PM

And No Water!

GASP  You mean the county spent money on blacktop?????  OMG

Well, not exactly.  I was referring to the two state highways that pass through here.  lol

Excuse me for a sec... I need to go 'Experience the Flint Hills'.  The signs said so!

momof 2boys

The discussions about the dire financial strains of our school district have been going on for many years now.  The public should have shown more interest in this issue before now.  These meetings are open and the information is there, come and hear for yourself.  So many people want to sit back and complain, but don't take the time to go and hear first hand what the entire situation entails.  I have been to many of these meetings and am disheartened by the lack of community presence.  Now is the time for all citizens of USD 282 to come out and find a way to ensure that our kids have a positive educational future.  Yes, I'm pleading for commuity involvement and support for our school board and the tough decisions they have to make.

srkruzich

Well, not exactly.  I was referring to the two state highways that pass through here.  lol

Excuse me for a sec... I need to go 'Experience the Flint Hills'.  The signs said so!

Varmit

You know, quite honestly, whoever came up with the idea of the 5.5million dollar bond didn't do their homework.  According to the Kansas Dept. of Labor, as of Sept. 2009, there are 1,010 working individuals in Elk county.  In order to payback that bond each individual would have to pay roughly $5400.  So for a two income family thats $10,800. before interest.  Seems a little steep to me.  I know that there are maintance and structure fatigue issues with some of our schools, however has anyone asked for donations from the parents that send their kids to these schools?  And maybe its just me but I haven't seen to many fundraising activities to help raise money for repairs.  

Gina, I would like to attend one of these meetings even though my kids go to school out of district.  The problem for me anyway, is the time.  If it were held on a friday that would be great as I don't work on fridays.  
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk