Tax Time.

Started by Varmit, November 03, 2009, 08:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momof 2boys

Mine went up approximately $500.  But if that's the price I have to pay to live in a safe, quiet community that  provides an excellent educational system, then so be it!

Patriot

sarah...

I didn't mean for that last post to sound insensitive.  My apologies.  I guess I'm just as frustrated a the next person.  The only hope I see is for the grass roots to get angry enough to start replacing complacent politicians from the local level all the way to Washington, DC.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on November 03, 2009, 08:41:30 PM
sarah...

I didn't mean for that last post to sound insensitive.  My apologies.  I guess I'm just as frustrated a the next person.  The only hope I see is for the grass roots to get angry enough to start replacing complacent politicians from the local level all the way to Washington, DC.

I like shakespears method better, its quicker and more efficient.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: gina on November 03, 2009, 08:38:38 PM
Mine went up approximately $500.  But if that's the price I have to pay to live in a safe, quiet community that  provides an excellent educational system, then so be it!
Man Gina i need some of what your smoking! 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Sarah

sarah...

Oh, you didn't hurt me.  I was chuckling and thinking, "Well, then I'm never going to cut my grass again!"  LOL

I can guarantee we'll be filing a grievance with the county!

Varmit

If the increase was to pay for the school that would be one thing, however, thats not the case.  If it were then we wouldn't have the current bond issue.  As for the communities being safe and quiet, I would say that has more to do with the people of the communities more than any thing else. 

I would just like to know where the money went and why they need even more than they took last year?
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Sarah

I agree that it is quiet out here and generally crime free, but can't pay what I don't have.  Just fretting is all.  We do have to survive.  :)

Patriot

Quote from: Sarah on November 03, 2009, 08:45:10 PM
sarah...

Oh, you didn't hurt me.  I was chuckling and thinking, "Well, then I'm never going to cut my grass again!"  LOL

Be prepared to take it to Topeka.  In KS property tax protests are seldom upheld at the local level.  Act quickly, there are some statutory time limits involved in protesting a tax assessment.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Sarah

Quote from: Patriot on November 03, 2009, 08:50:43 PM
Quote from: Sarah on November 03, 2009, 08:45:10 PM
sarah...

Be prepared to take it to Topeka.  In KS property tax protests are seldom upheld at the local level.  Act quickly, there are some statutory time limits involved in protesting a tax assessment.

Thanks for the tip.  We will. 

Sarah

According to my dad the county should have sent a letter last spring stating that it was going to go up and that that was the time to make an appeal, but we got no such letter.  Did anyone else?  So, we're also going to be raising cain about that too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk