Carbon Regulatory Offset Committee Public Service Announcement

Started by flintauqua, November 02, 2009, 09:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamsback

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 08:23:37 PM
Speaking of smoke and mirrors....answer me this..Do you drive a car?  Use electricity?  Ever built a campfire?  When you were hanging drywall was it made from eco-friendly products in a non-polluting manufacturing plant?  Do you use strictly solar, wind, or thermal enegry to heat and cool your home? 

If you are going to blame the industries for pollution then the folks that use their products are to be blamed also, if not more.  Afterall, if people weren't using those products then there would not be any industry, would there?

No I drive a pickup...a 75 chevy 3/4 4x4 that gets 10 mile to the gallon to haul wood, hay, etc. and just go out and throw dirt when I get the notion. Otherwise I drive a 97 s10, I use electricity, I heat with wood, I have a fire pit in my yard..sometimes I have a fire and brew some GOOD coffee. I never hung drywall...I hung SIDING, wood cement and VINYL siding up till 2 years ago when I lost my job because the boss had no work. I have guns and dogs and once in awhile I even drink beer. I also use NO poisons, I use horseshit fertilizer, I do from scratch, I recycle. I live as any normal redneck American lives and I don't apologize to ANYbody for it. Unlike MOST people tho I freely admit some of the things I do are bad for the environment and I do what I can, if I could AFFORD to live the "green life"I would. I AM to blame for my PART in it. So???????? What about it???????? No smoke OR mirrors here
Quote from: Patriot on November 03, 2009, 08:28:35 PM
Does anybody else find it interesting that Crap n Tax is all about brokering 'carbon credits' for money?  What does that do to reduce 'carbon emissions'?  Seems to me that the entire plan is designed to enrich some already wealthy wall street types... oh, and Al Boring Gore.
duh

Varmit

Quote from: pamsback on November 03, 2009, 10:45:50 PM
I live as any normal redneck American lives and I don't apologize to ANYbody for it. Unlike MOST people tho I freely admit some of the things I do are bad for the environment and I do what I can, if I could AFFORD to live the "green life"I would. I AM to blame for my PART in it. So???????? What about it???????? No smoke OR mirrors here

You admit it...Really?..well theres a first time for everything, I guess. 

If you are not going to apologize for your part, then don't expect others to apologize for theirs.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

Dude you really ARE a pain in the ass. I don't recall askin anybody to apologize for anything.

I got a clear conscience about how I live on the land.......I AM capable of that one thing.......what is it????? oh yeah.....admitting there IS a better way and doing all I am capable of at any given time to LESSEN MY impact. You oughta try it sometime..........

Varmit

You're right pam, you haven't asked anyone to apologize, my mistake.  However, my point is that while you speak out against big companies polluting and killing the earth, you are doing your part to ensure her death.  You talk about how we need to change our ways, well fine, why don't you set the example instead of following the one you are arguing against.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

I do what I can do at any given time. I only drive the 3/4 when it is necesary except maybe once or twice a year go muddin in it. It gets drove a couple three times a month otherwise.

I don't use chemicals OR poison...I use heirloom seed and plants whenever possible in my garden.......I cook from scratch to cut down on trash...I recycle jars into art....I use a chain saw to cut wood but I split it with a maul.....everything in life is a trade off and I do what I can when I can. That's all ANYbody can do.

You know big corporations don't care.......if you got an honest bone in your body you do. They get away with whatever they can get away with for as LONG as they can get away with it and they don't care what happens to your kids or your livestock or your land. They are faceless entities who only worship the dollar. I will ALWAYS speak out against them. Even when my livlihood was comin from them. I got to bear that sin not you or anybody else.

Warph

Guys... listen to Pam.  She hit on what is exactly happening to this earth as we speak.

Quote from: pamsback on November 03, 2009, 07:28:32 AM
 Climate change is natural....POLLUTION isn't. All this "well we ought to just go the way we been goin because climate change is a crock so just keep pumpin all that poison into the air,earth,water" mentality makes me sick.
 Air,earth, and water pollution causes WORSE things than climate change....things like CANCER....BIRTH DEFECTS....places on this earth where NOTHING will grow and what DOES grow is tainted by the pollutants in the ground.......so spare me your blind eye, use it up till it's gone and move on mentality.
 This farce video states precisely the way polluting industries will USE the program to do exactly that........do ONE good thing so they can have a blind eye for forty bad ones. It's a retarded program aimed at giving the APPEARANCE of doing something to rein in pollution to the stupid masses who don't know any better.....smoke and mirrors...just like most things.

Old Cree sayin........

Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will you realize that you cannot eat money.

I've been to part of the rain forest back in '92 and have seen the devastation.  My Son was there last summer and said it was 100% worse than when I was there.  My daughter has an album by michael jackson called "History: Past, Present and Future, Book I " and on it is a song called "Earth Song" that he wrote back in '95.  I always thought that was a neat song but didn't think too much about what it meant.  I guess you could say that I'm not a tree-hugger.... but seeing his video of "earth Song" really opened my eyes and made me think.    

Pam's right, we are killing this earth... Pollution can be hazardous to your health... and it can kill.  According to the World Health Organization, an estimated 3 million people die each year of air pollution.  Bad air accounts for 5% of the annual deaths worldwide.  As Larry and Anmar pointed out on another thread, CA has done wonderful job in cleaning the AIR.  I bet Larry can really give you some horror stories on smog and how it was in the 70's and 80's.  

The U.S. has more than 3.5 million miles of rivers and streams, approximately 40.8 million acres of lakes, ponds, and reservoirs, over 34,000 square miles of estuaries, over 58,000 miles of ocean shoreline, and over 5,500 miles of Great Lakes shoreline.  The state of the nation's waterways has improved since the 1960s when dead fish were washing ashore and lakes were catching on fire. But there is still room for improvement.  

Cholera and schistosomiasis.  They are diseases that infect hundreds of thousands to hundreds of millions of people around the world due to lack of clean drinking water and sanitary systems.  These diseases are unheard of in the United States.  We have one of the cleanest drinking water supplies and some of the best waste- water treatment facilities in the world.... but we can do better.  The WHO also states, as of 2000, more than 1 billion people still lacked clean drinking water and over 2.4 billion lacked proper sanitation.  North America treated 90% of its wastewater. Europe: 66%; Asia: 35%; Latin America and the Caribbean: 14%; and Africa: 0%.  I know that these WHO figures are 9 yrs. old but I wonder if things are better off in the world now compared to 2000.  Somehow, I don't seem to think so.

Pam's right.... climate change is natural....POLLUTION isn't!

And then there is Wars, famines, hunger, drug resistant germs and many other things that Mother Earth and its populace is suffering from.  

"Earth Song":  

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

sixdogsmom

Agreed Warph, we are in a deep bunch of do-do of our own creation. How long are we gonna import things that we no longer make in the United States because of the pollution they create? But it is okay to create the pollution in a different part of the world, so long as we can have Tickle Me Elmo, HD tv, and whatever doo-dad that is popular this week? We need to grow up and take responsibility for our own crimes committed against this Earth.
Edie

Anmar

wow warph, i think i'm gonna cry. 

I don't understand why cleaning up pollution has always been such a big issue in the past.  Everyone from the most ardent libs to the most vigerous conservative should be able to agree that pollution and ineffecieny is bad for our country and the world at large.  I never understood people who advocate being wasteful.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk