Which "Herd" do you belong to?

Started by flintauqua, November 01, 2009, 05:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

blah, blah, blah, I ain't interested...blah, blah, blah...same ole pam.  

The fact of the matter is your '75 pickup puts out more pollution and poison, uses more gas than my '01 dodge.  So until you start doing your part to save mother earth, hush up about everybody else polluting.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

pamsback

Because I like yankin yalls chain and bein a pain in Bills ass.

There ARE people on here who know me and whom I like :)
Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 11:32:24 PM

The fact of the matter is your '75 pickup puts out more pollution and poison, uses more gas than my '01 dodge.  So until you start doing your part to save mother earth, hush up about everybody else polluting.

Duh, that was my point. ALL of us are f'......in up and we are ALL gonna pay or that is our grandkids are. SO blah blahblahblah blah blah blah

Diane Amberg

Although pollution is always going to be a potential problem we can't turn our backs on, some things have actually improved in some places. Rivers are less likely to catch on fire, and for the first time in many years there are breeding populations of sturgeon in the Delaware River here. At the same time, the Chesapeake Bay is in sad shape. Global Warming is very real and natural, but humans need to pay attention and not hurry it along with bad habits.

Anmar

Out here in california, things are looking bettern environmentally.  There was a big article about sustainable tree farming in National Geographic last month.  The programs they have running are better for business, the people, and the environment.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

larryJ

This is true.  And, in my part of the SoCal area, the smog situation has dramactically improved.  I live only ten miles from the foothills of the local mountains.  30 years ago it was a rare and good day when I could see the mountains.  Now, they are quite visible and beautiful almost every day.  So, all the efforts to clean up the air here seem to be working.  The geography of this area allows for natural smog, but it appears that efforts to clean the air are working.

After there has been a wildfire, the forest service moves in as soon as the ground is cool and starts planting small trees and bushes and grass seed before the winter storms come in and wash everything away. 

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

pamsback

That's what I'm sayin...every little bit helps.

QuoteWhile you made some good points here, the final question might be... why would you continue to hang with a herd in which you claim no part?

i've been thinkin about this since you posted it.......the smart ass answer I gave last night is PART of it......I LIKE intense debate! I can snarl with the best of em when it turns nasty but I DON't like THAT part of it. I talk to people who DON'T agree with me because if you only talk to people who agree with every thing you say and pat you on the head and say "oh you're SO right"...you DON'T grow! You don't weed out ideas and beliefs that you don't really agree with yourself! It's the only true way I know to find out for yourself what you think is important and what you WILL stand up for no matter WHO don't like it.

I like arguing with Bill because we can start out miles apart...blow off steam at each other...then get down to the nitty gritty and at least 75% of the time we end up dang near in the same spot and bein CIVIL to each other.

So that's why I hang with a "herd" I don't necessarily belong to.......to LEARN and refine my OWN list of important things. Does that make any sense to anybody besides me?

srkruzich

Quote from: Varmit on November 03, 2009, 11:32:24 PM

The fact of the matter is your '75 pickup puts out more pollution and poison, uses more gas than my '01 dodge.  So until you start doing your part to save mother earth, hush up about everybody else polluting.
Varmit i have to kinda disagree with you on that. sorry but, My dads camaro has a 350 l2 corvette motor in it with a 700r4 tranny 273 rear end Demon carb no computer, serpantine belt electric fan, ect ect ect, and my uncle took it to teh emmissions station in Mcdonough ga and that car exceeded the 2009 emmissions standards.  He also can take a brand new off the showroom floor 2009 never been drove car of any make and take and run emmissions on it and it will fail.  They don't run emmissions on a brand new car cause its coming from the factory but after the first year, most folks have to pay to have the emissions fixed.

The key is, tuneups.  Keep the car tuned up, oil changed, tires aired up properly, check tranny oil, rear end oil, lube all joints, make sure the fluids are all filled.  The engine will pass a emissions test if you take care of it and make sure its running at peak condition. 

He also has a 1964 corvair corsa that has only 1600 miles on it.  The car passes emissions every time its taken in.  Down there where he lives you have to pass current day emissions to get it tagged and you only get a sticker after failing if you pay to fix it and it doesn't fix the problem.

But MOST folks don't take care of a vehicle.  Change oil every 3k miles come hell or high water, check tires on a weekly basis or if you are in elk county a daily basis is probably in order.  Plugs will last 100k miles these days, wires about that long if you keep them dry and oil free. Cap n rotor about 50 -100k if you keep em dry and oil free.

No vehicle that has a 350 in it will get better than 28 mpg and thats with a computer.  IF you don't have a computer your lucky to get 18mpg -20mpg.  Its a matter of design.  The cars were getting the same mileage back in the 40's and 50's as they are now.  Its just not feasible to get better I suppose if you use a carbon block, titanium pistons and rods, aluminum heads, and reduce the weight of that engine down significantly you can do so but who has that kind of money??
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk