What Scares You?

Started by Wilma, October 30, 2009, 06:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudy Taylor

LOL, Kate.  You're so awful ... and truthful.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

larryJ

I had to think about this one for a while.  I have always been afraid of the water if it is over my head, although I, too, can swim.  This stems from when I was about 3 or 4 years old and my brother who was 13 at the time took me to the high school pool which had a 12 foot deep end.  He threw me in and then dove in after me.  He caught holy heck from mom for that, but I think that scarred me.  So when we take my granddaughter swimming during the summer, I won't go without someone else there in case she gets in trouble.  Especially now, since my breathing is somewhat compromised.  I guess I am just afraid that something will happen to someone in my family as is probably a common fear among us all.  That is scary to me. 

Otherwise, I ain't skeered o' nuttin.  (well, maybe the politics section).

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

flintauqua

The Politics section often seems like the deep end of the pool.  Luckily I can usually jump in with a handy flotation device; the truth! ;D :angel:

Wilma

So true, Charlie, so true.

flo

I'm just a part of the crowd, I guess.  I can go up and get on the roof, but cannot make my foot take that first step to get back on the ladder to get down.  I don't like heights period and no way can I look down.  Even bothers me to go up the stairs where there is a balcony and look down.  SO I THOUGHT.... the first time Marvin took me to Colorado, the first stop was Royal Gorge.  I didn't want him to think I was a sissy at my age, so I proceeded out on that bridge, walked clear across it, stopped so he could show me the rafts DOWN on the river . . . my stomach was churning and my legs were ready to buckle, but I didn't fall.  We went down on the tram to the bottom and when I looked up at the bridge I had just crossed (all I could see was a thin line between two mountains), I broke out in a sweat.  Also, I have "that feeling" that something has or is going to happen.  I guess you can call that ESP.  More than once it has actually happened and that in its self is scary, even the good things.
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

Varmit

Spiders, and women, and..uh...spiderwomen...and when the voices in my head actually DO shut up.  The silence is spooky
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

larryJ

Flo, you are so right about the Royal Gorge.  The first time I went I was maybe 9 years old.  We also walked to the middle of the bridge and looked over the side.  One of the Denver and Rio Grande trains was going down the track while we were there.  The scariest part was when a car would drive over the bridge and it will shake and sway.  I've never been again only because it is not high on my list of places to revisit.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Warph

The big Zero, Barack Hussein Obama!!!!  One scary Muslim.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

redcliffsw

Timely and good post.  Thanks Warph.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk