Re-educating 'em

Started by redcliffsw, October 28, 2009, 08:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

Destroying the Republic: Jabez Curry and the Re-education of the Old South
By John J. Chodes

...the great educational experiment has not failed; it has been a phenomenal success.  It
was intended to produce passive drones who would never rebel again or defy national authority.
And, it has worked perfectly.

Here's a preview of the book.
http://books.google.com/books?id=lSPCN0EBttUC&dq=jabez+curry&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=Q0Lgt6ssHx&sig=_d_Rp2Vk8Y5kFwrg9AsuF4GLkPA&hl=en&ei=SProSpGyA5DKlAffwoytDQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CBoQ6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=&f=false

flintauqua

Don't bother clicking the link, here's the abstract of the book:

"The North won the war . . .  blah, blah, blah . . .  the North is still the enemy . . . blah, blah, blah . . .  the North is the root of all evil . . . blah, blah, blah . . . the North is the Devil Incarnate . . . blah, blah, blah . . . the North . . . the North . . . the North . . . . . . . . . . . "

Sarah

Quote from: flintauqua on October 28, 2009, 08:42:15 PM
Don't bother clicking the link, here's the abstract of the book:

"The North won the war . . .  blah, blah, blah . . .  the North is still the enemy . . . blah, blah, blah . . .  the North is the root of all evil . . . blah, blah, blah . . . the north is the Devil Incarnate . . . blah, blah, blah . . . the North . . . the North . . . the North . . . . . . . . . . . "

And as Steve is always telling me.............."And the South is going to rise again!!"   :angel: :laugh:

redcliffsw

Flint, if I'm not mistaken, you must be the fellow from New Jersey?

flintauqua

Wrong!

37 year resident of Elk County, fifth generation, ancestors there before there was an Elk County.  The half of Elk County that is not related to the Perkins family is related to me.

Going on four years of residency in NW Arkansas.  Still have property in Elk County

Oh, and I had ancestors on both sides in the War of Southern Succession.

redcliffsw

You ought to go study the period 1861 - 65 some more.
Your southern side had something you don't.  They knew
what Souther Secession meant and they stood by the
founding fathers, which we all ought to do more and more.  

pamsback

QuoteSouther Secession

since we are nitpickin.........did you mean SOUTHERN seccession? (hey what's good for the goose..............)

flintauqua

Quote from: redcliffsw on October 29, 2009, 11:30:34 AM
You ought to go study the period 1861 - 65 some more.
Your southern side had something you don't.  They knew
what Souther Secession meant and they stood by the
founding fathers, which we all ought to do more and more.  

Here's one I bet you will just love.  I don't think the worst thing to happen to this country occured in the 1860's.  I believe the worst thing that ever happened occurred July 11, 1804.

sixdogsmom

Okay, Charles, I have to admit that I googled the date, and ran across a reference to an old television series that I used to really like but had forgotten about. 'You Are There' with Walter Cronkite was a worthwhile series that did a short but interesting dramatization of historical events. A little like the history channel done in a studio. Early tv; I wouldn't expect you to remember it, but it was interesting.
Edie

Warph

Quote from: flintauqua on October 29, 2009, 10:02:14 PM
Here's one I bet you will just love.  I don't think the worst thing to happen to this country occured in the 1860's.  I believe the worst thing that ever happened occurred July 11, 1804.

Charles, are you referring to the Hamilton-Burr Duel?

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk