Is Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty?

Started by redcliffsw, October 22, 2009, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on October 28, 2009, 03:38:50 PM
Quote from: srkruzich on October 28, 2009, 03:01:06 PM
Quote from: flintauqua on October 28, 2009, 02:13:29 PM
My response from last week:

QuoteThis Brit Viscount, Lord wanna-be doesn't know what he's talking about.  

Didn't we already give away our sovereignty when we signed the Kyoto Protocols?  
We never signed the kyoto protocols ;)  

Sorry, my bad.  The Kyoto Protocols were an update written by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, which the U. S. is a signatory of.

My point was every time the POTUS is about to sign, or the Senate is about to ratify an international treaty, people come out of the woodwork screaming at the top of their lungs that we are handing over our sovereignty by doing so, and that some One World Order is either behind it, or will be created by signing.

How many treaties has the United States entered into in its history?  Aren't we still here?

Charles
Too many treaties.  We're still here by the Grace of God and the voice of the people who resist these collaberations. 

There will be a one world government one day. But we do not have to rush it in on a silver platter.
We should embrace individuality, very limited government, we should not as a nation just jump onto the world bandwagon.  Europe is already a total disaster why should we jump into bed with them and hasten the demise of our country.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

flintauqua

Steve, has the United States of America done anything right since 1861?

Sarah

Quote from: flintauqua on October 28, 2009, 03:56:11 PM

They will if they get Obama out of office!  ROTFL 

J/K

srkruzich

Yeah they voted reagan into office in 1980

srkruzich

You know what folks don't seem to get it.  All these treaties, and government nanny state is going to destroy us.  Right now everyones got this mentality oh we need to stop global warming. Tax the people more lets stop it.  We need to Fix healthcare. Tax the people and businessse more to fix it.  Tax the people more so we can bail out banks, tax the people more so we can bail out wallstreet, the automobile companies.   I have seen 70% taxation in the 70's.  It wasn't a pretty sight.  Jobs were scarce, people didn't have a whole heck of what they needed much less what they wanted. 

All i am saying is i'm not the damn golden goose so let government get back to its proper constitutional function and give the people here a break.

flintauqua

OK, my question was too general.

Has the Federal Government of the democratic republic of the United States of America done anything right since 1861?

flintauqua

Steve,

Which Constitution?

As it was written and signed on the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven?

As it was admended and presented to the states by Congress on the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine?

As it is now?

Somewhere in between?

Do all the admendments count, or only some of them?

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on October 28, 2009, 05:11:08 PM
OK, my question was too general.

Has the Federal Government of the democratic republic of the United States of America done anything right since 1861?
Quite a few things they have done right, but it has been on a downward spiral since lincoln's war of agression.

Since then Government has done nothing but try to water down the constitution, in order to remove the bindings that were placed on government by our founding fathers.   Once those fetters are gone, we lose. 

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on October 28, 2009, 05:17:18 PM
Steve,

Which Constitution?

As it was written and signed on the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven?

As it was admended and presented to the states by Congress on the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine?

As it is now?

Somewhere in between?

Do all the admendments count, or only some of them?

I don't know whats your point?  THe constitution ratified in 1789 by all the states at the time is one that our forefathers agreed on and passed.  The articles of confederation are specific in what government duties are and todays government has managed to loosen its shackles and overstepped its constitutional authority in a major way.   
Like i have said before, lets get our govt back to its proper duties of defence, export import, and handling foreign affairs. 

flintauqua

Quote from: srkruzich on October 28, 2009, 05:31:38 PM

I don't know whats your point?  THe constitution ratified in 1789 by all the states at the time is one that our forefathers agreed on and passed.  The articles of confederation are specific in what government duties are and todays government has managed to loosen its shackles and overstepped its constitutional authority in a major way.   
Like i have said before, lets get our govt back to its proper duties of defence, export import, and handling foreign affairs. 

So, all the admendments to the Constitution made since 1789 don't count?

Articles of Confederation? ? ? ?  The Constitution replaced the Articles of Confederation.  If we're going to enforce the Constitution, then we can't enforce the Articles of Confederation.  Which is it going to be Steve?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk