Is Obama Poised to Cede US Sovereignty?

Started by redcliffsw, October 22, 2009, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

On October 14, Lord Christopher Monckton gave a presentation in St. Paul, MN on the subject of global warming. In this 4-minute excerpt from his speech, he issues a dire warning to all Americans regarding the United Nations Climate Change Treaty that is scheduled to be signed in Copenhagen in December 2009.

Lord Monckton served as a policy adviser to Margaret Thatcher. He has repeatedly challenged Al Gore to a debate to which Gore has refused. Monckton sued to stop Gore's film "An Inconvenient Truth" from being shown in British schools due to its inaccuracies. The judge found in-favor of Monckton, ordering 9 serious errors in the film to be corrected. Lord Monckton travels internationally in an attempt to educating the public about the myth of global warming.

flintauqua

This Brit Viscount, Lord wanna-be doesn't know what he's talking about. 

Didn't we already give away our sovereignty when we signed the Kyoto Protocols? 

Or was it when we agreed to the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)? 

Or was it when we agreed to NAFTA? 

No, I think it was earlier than that. 

Maybe it was when we signed on with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). 

Or was it when we joined the United Nations? 

I just can't remember. :-\

Maybe Glenn Beck can ask the Viscount the next time he's invited back.  :P ::)

flintauqua

My response from last week:

QuoteThis Brit Viscount, Lord wanna-be doesn't know what he's talking about. 

Or was it when we agreed to the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)? 

Or was it when we agreed to NAFTA? 

No, I think it was earlier than that. 

Maybe it was when we signed on with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). 

Or was it when we joined the United Nations? 

I just can't remember.

Maybe Glenn Beck can ask the Viscount the next time he's invited back.   

Diane Amberg

A different kind of indoctrination? I think I'll come up with a third view and take my show on the road. I am a very good speaker and I'll bet I could make people listen. ;D

Sarah

Quote from: Diane Amberg on October 28, 2009, 02:22:33 PM
A different kind of indoctrination? I think I'll come up with a third view and take my show on the road. I am a very good speaker and I'll bet I could make people listen. ;D

Hmm....well, seeing as global warming is at the very least nothing but a hypothesis but is still taught in the schools as fact, uhm, yeah, that would be indoctrination.  They have no hard proof as the earth has cycled many times. 

Diane Amberg

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on October 28, 2009, 02:13:29 PM

We never signed the kyoto protocols ;)  Thank God Bush did that right!

QuoteOr was it when we joined the United Nations? 
Well we haven't gotten into bed with them completely yet.  
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Sarah

I think Obama will probably sign it as he's stated many times that instead of being an independent nation, standing on our own, we need to be more of a member in the "global community".  So, this "one world government" that you hear tossed around, it wouldn't surprise me if Obama gave us over as he doesn't act like he has any particular loyalty to America as a nation. 

Sarah

Quote from: srkruzich on October 28, 2009, 03:01:06 PM

We never signed the kyoto protocols ;)  Thank God Bush did that right!

QuoteOr was it when we joined the United Nations? 
Well we haven't gotten into bed with them completely yet.  

Didn't they just have a "global warming" conference or something like that?

flintauqua

Quote from: srkruzich on October 28, 2009, 03:01:06 PM

We never signed the kyoto protocols ;)  

Sorry, my bad.  The Kyoto Protocols were an update written by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, which the U. S. is a signatory of.

My point was every time the POTUS is about to sign, or the Senate is about to ratify an international treaty, people come out of the woodwork screaming at the top of their lungs that we are handing over our sovereignty by doing so, and that some One World Order is either behind it, or will be created by signing.

How many treaties has the United States entered into in its history?  Aren't we still here?

Charles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk