"Limbaugh doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt on racial matters."

Started by Warph, October 14, 2009, 11:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmar

I don't like to post articles here, but i'm a huge NFL fan and i saw this and thought it was interesting

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkKEc52nzH.PGZJ2LGE_P3HxxLsF?slug=dw-limbaugh101309&%3Bprov=yhoo&%3Btype=lgns&poll_id=49198&wv=1

And of couse, key quotes from the article

QuoteSo a group of almost exclusively white, almost exclusively conservative men – many of whom no doubt share Limbaugh's political views and even listen to his radio program – are turning their back on the host.

He and his supporters can cry about bias and political correctness run amok. They can scream about the Constitution. They can bemoan double standards.

The fact is you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Limbaugh made his money through his words. Now those words are denying him a business opportunity in a league that prides itself on inclusion.

"We're all held to a high standard here and divisive comments are not what the NFL's all about," said league commissioner Roger Goodell. "I would not want to see those kind of comments from people who are in a responsible position in the NFL, no. Absolutely not."

QuoteIt's been pathetic to see all the opportunistic political demagogues on all sides come out on the cable scream-fest "news" channels. (Is a potential minority owner of a lousy NFL team really a pressing issue in America?)

QuoteIt's allowed both sides to cloud the situation with their own hackneyed "gotcha" agendas. Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton should try to help the downtrodden rather than score cheap publicity. Anyone who attributed inflammatory quotes to Limbaugh that he never said should pay the consequences.

Yet Limbaugh's supporters can do a lot better than cry about how he was unfairly beaten down by political correctness.

Limbaugh would be best served manning up and acknowledging how he made his money. The whining bit isn't becoming of anyone. He doesn't have to apologize for it, but he has to admit words have consequences.

"The chief source of problems is solutions"

kshillbillys

Quote from: Varmit on October 15, 2009, 03:46:44 AM
Thats it?? Thats what has peoples panties in a bunch? 

Remember Varmint---it doesn't take much to be called a racist. All you have to do is say "YOU LIE". Damn, I'm a racist now. Who comes out to bitch tomorrow, people with ingrown toenails? If Rush would've been able to buy this team, I doubt there would've been any ONE of the bloods or the crips, or those backwards ass redneck hillbillies playing on that team, would've thrown away the money they receive each year, just because Rush Limbaugh and the EIB network makes a few statements that don't settle with the liberal left wing nutjobs.

KUDOS to you Warph!

MR KShillbillys
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Varmit

Quote from: Anmar on October 15, 2009, 12:25:26 AM
First, that NFL owners were pushing for Donovan Mcnabb to be a premier quarterback because they wanted more black quarterbacks.

How is that racist?

Quote from: Anmar on October 15, 2009, 12:25:26 AM
Second, that the NFL is just a battle between bloods and crips but without weapons.

The comparison is pretty acurate.  But if it was me I would have compared the NFL more to a dog fight.  Oh, wait a minute, didn't micheal vick already do that??
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Anmar

I didn't say he was a racist, thats what the rabble rousers said.  If you read my original post, I actually said i thought he should be allowed to be an owner.

redcliffsw

Anmar

Warph

I don't usually read Star Parker either but she' correct about Al Sharpton.  The guy is slimey race baiter and has probably hurt his race more than he has helped it.  Good article, Red.
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Quote from: Warph on October 20, 2009, 12:22:30 AM

I don't usually read Star Parker either but she' correct about Al Sharpton.  The guy is slimey race baiter and has probably hurt his race more than he has helped it.  Good article, Red.

Yes he is.  So is Ole oprah, and jesse jackson.  I remember when ole Al there and oprah decided to take on two counties in Georgia cause they were all white counties. Wasn't because they were racist counties, it was because there were no blacks that wanted to live there at the time.  Most of the growth of the area went east instead of north to those counties.
But these two Just had to go down on the request of jesse jackson and stir the pot.  They all pretty much got run out of town on a rail.   

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

redcliffsw

Should Rush Sue?
by Thomas Sowell

To sue or not to sue? That is the question.

After racist statements were made up out of thin air and then attributed to Rush Limbaugh, these were the options he had.

It is easy for me to understand that these are not simple choices because I have faced those options as well. Recently there have been a number of columns made up by others and put on the Internet with my name on them. The things said in those bogus columns have nothing in common with anything that I have said, in my columns, in my books or anywhere else.

Years ago, CBS reporter Lem Tucker said in a broadcast on Oct. 13, 1981, that my views "seem to place him in the school that believes that maybe most blacks are genetically inferior to white people."

Anyone interested in the facts could have discovered that I had argued directly against this idea in a number of writings, including a feature article in the New York Times Magazine on March 27, 1977.

An attorney
I did not know, but who had read my writings and knew that what was insinuated in that broadcast was totally false, offered to represent me in a lawsuit against CBS. That was when I faced the kind of dilemma Rush Limbaugh faces now.

When someone is considered to be a "public figure" – and Rush Limbaugh is certainly that – the Supreme Court has narrowed the grounds on which that public figure can sue for libel, to the point where even the most blatant lie can often go unpunished.

Worse yet, there may be millions of people who never heard the original lie but who will hear it repeated in the media as a result of news stories about the lawsuit. And when those who committed character assassination are let off the hook on a technicality, they can claim "vindication," as if what they said was true.

The question facing any public figure who has been the target of character assassination in the media is: Is it worth investing a large amount of time in a process that can make you worse off by spreading the very lie that you are suing to stop?

The down side of not suing is that it allows the lie to continue to be repeated in the media, with later repetitions being justified in terms of "just reporting" what someone else said.

No one can resolve this dilemma for someone else. My decision in 1981 was that I had too many other things to do for me to go into the exhausting and time-consuming process of suing CBS, with such dicey odds in the courts.

Every situation is different, so whether Rush Limbaugh should sue is a question that only he can answer.

read the rest:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php/index.php?pageId=113457

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk