Good Morning, Amigo's

Started by Warph, October 19, 2009, 01:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

It is good to be back.  Camping in the desert can be quite peaceful... no tv... no keyboard banging... away from cell towers... no whining going on.... watching the aliens running by, wanting directions to the nearest hospital because the wife's about to have a baby.  (just kidding on the aliens)

¿Perdone, le puede me dice donde mi landscaper, Pedro vive?...  Been practicing my spanish (mexican).  Did you know that the latino population is expected to rise to 132.8 million by 2050?  Census says we have about 47 million right now.  I do believe most of that 47M reside here in Mexazona.  Y'all better start brushing up on your spanish.  Whew...Glad I won't be around in 2050, it is bad enough as it is right now. Our ratio here in Mexazona is about 1 in 3 people are mexican.... in Kansas it is running about 1 in 10, according to said map.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/16/lia.map/index.html
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Cheyenne

i dont know why but I found it interesting that the states with the highest numbers are closest to the borders.

larryJ

Well, let's see. 

99% of the them are on foot and don't want to walk any farther than they have to.

The rest are smuggled in by truck or car, etc. and only paid to get in the country across the border.

Most of the Southwest border states are much like home as far as climate and topography.

They can find jobs in the border states because a lot of those states feature retirement communities (who need gardeners) and big hotels (who need maids and gardeners) and probably a close relative or two that came before them. 

And, as Warph calls it, Mexizona is a terrific place to live.  It has deserts, mountains, the Grand Canyon, and ----------Warph.

Why would they want to live anywhere else?

Larryj

(Spellchecker doesn't like Mexizona, Warph)
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

flintauqua

Of the 47 million that checked Hispanic on census forms, how many are first generation American residents?  Second generation?  Third, Fourth? 

At what point do they stop being 'mexicans' and start being Americans of Hispanic decent?

After all, there has to be a lot of people of Hispanic decent that are decended from people who lived in what is now the United States before the U.S. annexed the land they lived in; before there even was a U.S.; before there even was a British colony in North America.

San Diego, founded 1769.

Santa Cruz Valley of Arizona, settled prior to 1732.

San Antonio, founded 1718.

Santa Fe, founded 1609.

St. Augustine, founded 1562.

Plus, you have to consider the populace of U.S. possessions such as Puerto Rico and various Pacific islands that were originally Spanish territory.

So, for those making claims of the country being taken over by illegal 'mexicans', remember, not everyone with a Hispanic surname came to the U.S..  For a large percentage of them, the United States came to their ancestors.

Warph

Quote from: larryJ on October 19, 2009, 06:24:21 PM
Well, let's see. 

99% of the them are on foot and don't want to walk any farther than they have to.

The rest are smuggled in by truck or car, etc. and only paid to get in the country across the border.

Most of the Southwest border states are much like home as far as climate and topography.

They can find jobs in the border states because a lot of those states feature retirement communities (who need gardeners) and big hotels (who need maids and gardeners) and probably a close relative or two that came before them. 

And, as Warph calls it, Mexizona is a terrific place to live.  It has deserts, mountains, the Grand Canyon, and ----------Warph.

Why would they want to live anywhere else?

Larryj

(Spellchecker doesn't like Mexizona, Warph)

You're right, Larry... AZ is a good place to live.  I hope my post didn't sound too negative.  I really like the hispanic people and many are my friends who I socialize with.  I joke alot with them as they do with me.  I also have some Navajo friends who are fantastic artists.... wonderful people.   

Spellchecker ??? hmmmm... I guess I'm going to have to get me one of those.

Quote from: flintauqua on October 19, 2009, 08:08:05 PM
Of the 47 million that checked Hispanic on census forms, how many are first generation American residents?  Second generation?  Third, Fourth? 

At what point do they stop being 'mexicans' and start being Americans of Hispanic decent?

After all, there has to be a lot of people of Hispanic decent that are decended from people who lived in what is now the United States before the U.S. annexed the land they lived in; before there even was a U.S.; before there even was a British colony in North America.

San Diego, founded 1769.

Santa Cruz Valley of Arizona, settled prior to 1732.

San Antonio, founded 1718.

Santa Fe, founded 1609.

St. Augustine, founded 1562.

Plus, you have to consider the populace of U.S. possessions such as Puerto Rico and various Pacific islands that were originally Spanish territory.

So, for those making claims of the country being taken over by illegal 'mexicans', remember, not everyone with a Hispanic surname came to the U.S..  For a large percentage of them, the United States came to their ancestors.

Good point, Flint.  Here's a few more stats that's interesting:

The number of Hispanic students in U.S. public schools doubled from 1990 to 2006 to about 10 million children. The Pew Hispanic Center in Washington said that the growth spurt accounted for 60 percent of the overall growth rate in public schools enrollment and the trend was likely to continue for the foreseeable future.

"In 2050, there will be more school-age Hispanic children than school-age non-Hispanic white children," Pew said in a written statement. Pew cited U.S. Census Bureau data projecting a 166-percent growth rate in the population of Hispanic school-age children while non-Hispanics will increase 4 percent. Hispanics make up about 20 percent of public school enrollment nationwide. However they make up nearly half of the students in California and more than 40 percent in Florida, Arizona and Texas. The study also noted that 84 percent of Hispanic students were born in the United States, although 70 percent speak a language other than English at home.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk