TO ALL FOURM MEMBERS

Started by Varmit, October 11, 2009, 07:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

Teresa, best thing for a cold, couple shots of bourbon and outside manual labor.  Had a squad leader that would make us run when we were sick, worked every time.

Quote from: larryJ on October 14, 2009, 04:50:43 PM
However, he informs me that he has sworn off meat and going on a strict vegan diet.  
Larryj (and R.A.M.B.O.)

Please tell me you aren't serious... :o
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

larryJ

I do believe that R.A.M.B.O. has had a change of heart as well as a change of diet.  After having a vegan lunch, he was willing to discuss changing his mind about eating meat.  Last night, he reverted back to his old ways and had a regular meal.  This consists of dry dog food (for the teeth) and canned cat food (recommended by the Vet because it is better for the dog) and he seemed to be happy with his meal.  Therefore, he is now officially back to a regular diet.  He feels that being a strong and ferocious canine requires meat in the diet and stays within the guidelines of dogdom. 

However, he still does not want the deer jerky!

Larryj (and R.A.M.B.O.)
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Varmit

LarryJ, has B.A.M.B.. ;D..I mean R.A.M.B.O tried the deer jerky?

By the way, the best diet a dog can have is a B.A.R.F diet.  Thats Bones And Raw Food.  Vension is a big part of my dogs diet, as is tripe, rice, and rabbit. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

larryJ

Be careful, Billy, R.A.M.B.O. is very sensitive towards any misinterpretations of the spelling of his name.  When I read your post to him, his comment was "who does he think he is talking to?"  I've managed to calm him down for now, but I would suggest you not insult his name or breed or any bad dog jokes.

B.A.R.F.  diet?  No bones for R.A.M.B.O.  Most bones are bigger than he is, even chicken wings.  He says, and I quote:  B.A.R.F. diet?  Is that the end result after eating such a diet?  (His words not mine)

Larryj

sixdogsmom

Larry, I have a quite elderly chihuahua named Minnie Jane. She is going on 17 years old, and loves venison. It seems to agree with her as it is low in fat, and you know what liver problems Chihuahuas have if they eat too much fat. I usually do mix with rice as this helps them with their elderly tummies.
Edie

Tobina+1

SDM; I'm assuming that you actually HAVE six dogs?  Do each of them require a special diet? 

larryJ

We have had this dog for about five weeks now.  The initial visit to the Vet was quite informative.  We have had dogs before----larger dogs such as the cocker spaniels and a springer spaniel, a wiener dog, a poodle, and another chi.  All have passed on to doggie heaven.  This one was a spur of the moment thought and is proving to be a lot of fun.  He is the most affectionate dog I have ever been around.  He has two speeds, full blast and dead asleep.  We are going with the diet that the Vet has told us to go with as long as he is a puppy.   The dry dog food is good for his teeth and lots of protein and the canned cat food is lower in fat than canned dog food.  There is not a lot of deer meat available here so I probably won't try it, although they do sell venison in the store.  Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

Larryj

sixdogsmom

No, Tobina, I don't have six dogs. In truth, I have seven!  :D I cook meat and rice together and serve with canned dogfood in the evening. They have dry dogfood available 24/7, and first thing in the morning they get 2 pieces of balogna divided among them piece by piece. They all line up in the kitchen, the largest gets a big piece, and so on until we have made several rounds. Then my coffee, the forum, and after I am finished upstairs, it is time for chicken or lean pork. Each gets a share, some more that the others, depending on their weight, most are too fat according to Dr. Julie, but some of the older ones need a little more nutrition to hold their weight. I have two dogs that are over 17 and two that are over 16, so I keep a pretty good watch on their diet, trying to keep them healthy as long as possible.
Edie

sixdogsmom

No, Tobina, I don't have six dogs. In truth, I have seven!  :D I cook meat and rice together and serve with canned dogfood in the evening. They have dry dogfood available 24/7, and first thing in the morning they get 2 pieces of balogna divided among them piece by piece. They all line up in the kitchen, the largest gets a big piece, and so on until we have made several rounds. Then my coffee, the forum, and after I am finished upstairs, it is time for chicken or lean pork. Each gets a share, some more that the others, depending on their weight, most are too fat according to Dr. Julie, but some of the older ones need a little more nutrition to hold their weight. I have two dogs that are over 17 and two that are over 16, so I keep a pretty good watch on their diet, trying to keep them healthy as long as possible.
Edie

sixdogsmom

BTW, lest you think me crazy with all these dogs, when Ted and I got married, he had two dogs, and I had two. And before we married I told him about my promise to my dad made before he passed away. He wanted me to take care of his 'boys' in case anything happened. Ted said that if we were crazy enough to have four dogs, then six wasn't gonna make much difference. When my Mama passed in 2002, we ended up with two more. A few years back, when a lady here in Moline was given an auction to help pay some of her cancer treatment bills, somebody donated three little Italian Greyhounds. She ended up with one of them, and just couldn't handle a puppy, so they gave him to us. He is a total joy, so loving, and lots of fun. If you think I am crazy, I guess I am a little anyway. Wouldn't have it any other way!  ;)
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk