Where is Waldo?

Started by Dee Gee, October 10, 2009, 06:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee Gee

Does anyone know what happened to Waldo Grey?  He hasn't posted anything for a long time.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Rudy Taylor

Hmmm. Now that does worry me.

Where's Waldo, indeed?
It truly is "a wonderful life."

jarhead

Waldo told me he was going on vacation for a few weeks. Think he said until the middle of the month. I think he just got tired of posting thise pictures I sent him :)

larryJ

David has chosen to close his account with the forum and move on to other things (his words).  I was sorry to see him go.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

flintauqua

I exchanged email with Waldo on Friday.  He is well, has been traveling.  He said his original estimate of an October 15th forum return may get pushed back a little.  I can't wait for his return, so I can re-start the "Where in _____________ County Am I" threads, and start up some new Elk and Chautauqua County history topics.

Charles

Ms Bear

I really enjoy the local history topics and have learned a lot about Elk County from them.  Wish Greenwood County had a Forum.

Rudy Taylor

Ms Bear: And I wish my own county (Montgomery) had a forum. We have Teresa and Kjell to thank for putting this forum together --- it's not an easy task to do so.

I recently gave a workshop at the Kansas Press Association Convention about small-town media and how newspapers have changed. I cited the Elk County Forum as a prime example of other communication media which help spread the word about events, issues, entertainment and even neighborhood gossip. 

Just today, I was asked to speak in Omaha at the National Newspaper Convention in 2010 and the Elk County Forum will again be on my list of hometown positives.

Anyway, I think it's just great, and I hope the administrators will keep us in their good graces.
It truly is "a wonderful life."

Ms Bear

I hope they will continue to bless us.  This is a great site.

I was in NW Arkansas and NE Oklahoma last weekend but didn't have time to go on to Elk County.  Maybe next vacation I will be able to.

Marcia Moore

Just saw Waldo's story about Oak Valley today in the Prairie Star newspaper.  If you don't take the Prairie Star, you miss out on a lot.  It is put together nicely, looks great, covers a large area, is very informative and is priced right. 
     Waldo, we miss you.  Hope you're having a nice vacation, but would like you back on the forum soon.

Mom70x7

You can also read the story by clicking on the Prairie Star link at the top of this page.

Good story.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk