Rain,Rain,Rain,Rain,

Started by frawin, October 08, 2009, 04:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I'm a block east of Indygal and we didn't get as much rain as they did "out West" cause I have 3 1/4 " in my rain gauge.... but........ couldn't figure out why my house is so cold.  Ck'd the thermostat and it said 63 and I have it set on 67.  I had the central air and heat replaced this summer so after checking everything I knew to check (breakers, plug in, make sure I had gas, batteries in the thermostat), I called the installers.  They will be here this afternoon and meantime Lucy (with her bone) and I (with my computer) are baracaded in the den with a little ceramic heater plugged in.   ::) Oh, my, life in Kansas.  :P
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

sixdogsmom

Well, last night it seemed cold in the house and since I have used the furnace some the past few days I checked the thermostat and sure enough, it was set for 69, and the temp rread 62. Since we had some pretty good lightening yesterday, I checked the breaker box and found one set of a/c breakers in the soft 'on' position. I turned it all the way off then tried it again. Nothing, so I got up bright and early this morning and called my heating/Ac guy; he just had foot surgery yesterday and won't be able to be on his feet for a week. But he called a friend of his who will come look at it this evening. Hopefully, it will have a reset button somewhere that I don't know about and that is all it is. Meanwhile, the upstairs furnace is working okay, and I had my oven on for awhile this morning. It's not that cold, just raw feeling. Ahhhh, the joys of home ownership!
Edie

Tobina+1

Good day to do some baking!  Or some stew-making!
That's one good thing about "incubating", we've been sleeping with the window open and the ceiling fan on, and I still wake up HOT.  But poor Chuck is cuddled under 3 layers of blankets.  (It used to be the opposite!)

Glad to see some sun this afternoon.  Not sure how long it will last?

flo

repairman here and gone.  Seems as the installers didn't do the drain hose right and allowed the water to accumulate inside and it was keeping some thing-a-ma-jiggie from tripping on and off and anyhow he rigged a drain to it so I have heat for the weekend and they will be back first of the week to finish the job. Got Heat - Feels GOOOOODDDDD !
MY GOAL IS TO LIVE FOREVER. SO FAR, SO GOOD !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk