Turkey, Angry at U.S., Pledges Support for Iran

Started by Warph, March 09, 2010, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

Turkey, Angry at U.S., Pledges Support for Iran
Tuesday, March 09, 2010
By Patrick Goodenough, International Editor

(CNSNews.com) – As the Obama administration scrambles to contain the diplomatic fallout with Turkey over the "Armenian genocide" resolution in the U.S. Congress, Turkey's tilt towards Iran continues largely unnoticed.

Turkey's "formerly Islamist" president, Abdullah Gul, in a weekend telephone conversation with his Iranian counterpart called for a deepening of bilateral relations and voiced support for Iran in international forums. Turkey is non-permanent member of the U.N. Security Council, the most important international body to have Iran on its current agenda.

The encounter was virtually ignored by media outside of Turkey and Iran.

Iran's Fars news agency said Gul told President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad "that the two countries would defend each other's positions at international forums, and emphasized the importance of tightening the relations between them and of consulting on regional and security matters."

Ahmadinejad praised Ankara's policies and "strong and progressive" bilateral ties. He said that "regional and global developments are changing in favor of Iran and Turkey," Turkey's Dunya Gazetesi newspaper reported.

REST OF STORY AT:  http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/62473

I know that Turkey is a muslim country BUT.... go to "Obama's Iran Policy Collapses in Mockery Around The Globe" and read Why this is happening and Why it might spread to other countries.  Obama's administration is WEAK on foriegn policy, especially with Iran.  Those nuclear sites should have been "vaporized" months ago!...Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

Crap!  Let the dems in and there goes the frigging neighborhood.   :|  What the hell was congress doing!  :|

We have been allied with turkey for years. And in a little over 1 year the congress manages to * that up royally
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk