Sweet Potatoes

Started by Delbert, October 06, 2010, 07:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Wilma on October 09, 2010, 06:16:10 PM
I really don't know.  I think she will eat them, but not her favorite food.  Oldest daughter definitely likes them as she cooks them for me once in awhile.

My favoritest food is fried chicken, fried chicken, and fried chicken.

sixdogsmom

I do love good pan fried chicken; a comodity seen very seldom these days. Nothing like a real chicken cooked with all the running gears separated from the back; the back and rib section in two pieces and the giblets cooked in their cavities. The wishbone in one section and the breast split in two for the fussy ones. For me--- the closer to the rear, the better the chicken.  :D And I do like sweet potatoes about any way they can be fixed; I used to love finding one in the fridge that I could peel out cold and smear with butter, just like eating candy. My mom used to tease me about that.
Edie

Dee Gee

Hey, someone knows how to cut a chicken.  Pan fried Chicken is the way to go.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

twirldoggy

The very best food is made at home from scratch using stuff you have grown.

Diane Amberg

When I was a young teacher in my first apt. whole frying chickens were 25 cents a pound and Mom had already taught me how to cut up a chicken years before, so we had good fried chicken often. Sometimes I could get farm chickens from our neighbors from home at even less. Even store chickens here were local chickens then and not the factory raised chickens more common today.

sixdogsmom

There are some factory raised chickens that I just won't buy; Tysons is one of them. They smell funny and are way too fat. I do buy Sandersons chickens from Marvins market in Independence. The meat is firmer and not quite so fat.
Edie

greatguns

Have you ever thought of taking a chicken back to the store wehn you have paid for a whole chicken and there is no giblets?  Some day I'm going to do that. :P

Diane Amberg

I'm afraid if I did that some wise guy would bring me out the stomach, lungs, and the whole egg laying business too! ;D I wonder what they would do if I demanded a rooster.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk