What is your favorite apple?

Started by Tobina+1, October 06, 2009, 12:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Ha!  I figured I'd get these answers!  My favorite way has been to eat them cooked with cinnamon and brown sugar, with cool-whip globbed on top.  Guess it doesn't matter what the actual APPLE tastes like when you "enhance" the flavors!
Rudy, I'm surprised you knew how to properly capitalize iPOD, let alone know they are made by Apple...   :P  ::)  ;D  Hee, hee!  Couldn't resist!

I saw a new variety of apple in Dillons that I swore I'd try and remember... it looked like a Red Delicious... dark red with little white spots on it.  Short name.. maybe Rome?  They also were advertising Honey Crisp as an "old fashioned favorite".  I may have to break down and do another taste-test of the different varieties!

Diane Amberg

Rome is a very good cooking apple. I looked at some today. The Winesap weren't ready yet ,so I brought home some Jonathan.

Varmit

Quote from: jarhead on October 06, 2009, 08:03:21 PM
Yea right Varmit. Since when did MRE's have ice cream in them.I know you still have Army green flowing thru your veins and do not eat that civilian crap they call food. Now drop down and give me 25. :)

HAAA! Typical Marine...thinks MRE is short for Meal Ready to Eat.  Doesn't know that it stands for Meal Rarely Edible.  ;D
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

jarhead

Varmit,
A friend that worked hurricanes last fall brought me an MRE. I will say this about it--it was a heck of a big meal. 3 of them a day and our troops would be in the shape I am now. I would still rather eat C-rations. To a lad that was raised from a vegatable garden I thought those C-rats were a gormet meal--except the caraway cheese---and fruit cake---and date pudding. But peaches & pound cake , hard to beat. I'd imagine ol Sarge preferred to eat the Ham & Lima beans' though. Back in Larry's days they probably still had K-rations. :)

Diane Amberg

Al always said it was ham and lima bean ( one big bean) ;D

Buddyboy

I always liked Winesap apples. They were nice and tart, but I haven't seen them around here for years. I am not much on apple pie but I love fried apples, baked apples with a little sugar and rum, and apple slices with caramel sauce or peanut butter.

Cheyenne

I bought some Jonathan apples for the horses today and had one with him and it was soooo juicy and yummy!

Varmit

Quote from: Buddyboy on October 08, 2009, 06:38:54 AM
....... little sugar and rum, and apple slices with caramel sauce or peanut butter.

MMMMMMMM....Rum is good.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

sixdogsmom

Well, I have some first quality red delicous apples in the fridge that I was going to use for a salad, but this thread got to me last night. I don't have any of Granny Smiths on hand so I got one of those Red Delicous out, cut it into wedges and got some little slices of Cojack cheese to go with it. Mmmm Good!  ;)
Edie

Diane Amberg

Fuji's are a very nice all purpose apple....but I thought you folks only bought American? ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk