What is your favorite apple?

Started by Tobina+1, October 06, 2009, 12:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

So, I was strolling around Dillons and realized that they had more different varieties of apples than I realized!  I have lately been buying Fuji apples (I like the crispness and the tartness), but also enjoy Braeburn now and then, too.  I used to only like Granny Smith, but they are a little too tart for me now.  I do NOT like the kinds that are soft, either.  I also remember that one time my family did an "apple taste-test" to see which apples we liked the best.  Of course, like all "research" my family does, we can't remember the outcome!  We get too wrapped up in the fun of testing (kind of like when we tried to see what would happen to a marshmallow if we put it in a vacuum sealer). 

So... out of all the different types of apples out there, which is your favorite?

Diane Amberg

Winesap from our local orchard. Crisp, sweet/tart and a good keeper.

pepelect

Rudy Taylor

It truly is "a wonderful life."

Diane Amberg

Wilma

The one in the pie someone else prepared.

Diane Amberg

Do I feel dumb.I just answered the question that was asked! Yours are much more entertaining than mine!

Ms Bear

My grandmother had an Iowa Beauty tree in her front yard in Montana and I always thought they were the best.  I was only there in August and they were so good and crisp.  One year we were there in September when they were ripe and they weren't nearly as good.  I was so disappointed.

Varmit

I like the ones that come in cobbler form and covered in ice cream.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

jarhead

Yea right Varmit. Since when did MRE's have ice cream in them.I know you still have Army green flowing thru your veins and do not eat that civilian crap they call food. Now drop down and give me 25. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk