Why do I..........

Started by pamsback, October 04, 2009, 07:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pamsback

refuse to be ashamed of being a registered democrat? Because I registered that way when I started voting as a nod of respect to my Grandad Smith and I have never changed it. I most likely never will. Is the democratic party today the one he belonged to? No it's not. A lot of people think Roosevelt made the Depression worse...a lot of people think he brought us out of it. My Grandad worked for the CCCC during the depression.

I can only imagine what he would say about pelosi and company HE might change his party NOW adays, who knows. Most of us have personal reasons for being registered (or UNregistered) the way we are......nobody is privy to those reasons but US...well till now that is....so how about we all grow up and not use political parties as a juvenile way to try to make somebody think they are less than us? I realize I'm probly pissin in the wind here but I gave it a shot.

kshillbillys

Growing up, all of my family was registered Democrat. When I turned 18, I registered Democrat because that's what my dad and uncles all were and I wanted to be like them at the time. Four years later, I went and changed to a Republican. You don't register with a party because that's what your family is registered as. You register with a party based on YOUR beliefs.

MR. Ks

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

pamsback

I registered as a democrat because of my BELIEF in my Grandfather. I stay registered as a democrat in HONOR of his memory. Nothing else matters to me. I VOTE as per my beliefs.

Mom70x7

I don't follow party lines when I vote, either. I vote for the person I think will do the best job.

The only advantage to being registered to a party is voting in the primaries.
So far that hasn't seemed a critical point.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk