Family Websites

Started by Tobina+1, October 06, 2009, 11:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobina+1

Hey, thought I'd share this information with everyone.  There is a very nice website where you can create your own "family" website to share news, pictures, and keep track of birthdays and other special events.  Both sides of my own family uses this website, and it's really fun and easy!  www.myfamily.com
I believe they even have a version that is free, or you can upgrade to a certain storage size for only $30 per year (so you can post LOTS of pictures).  It's completely private and you can invite people to join the website, so you have control over who is on it and who is not.  Like I said, it's really handy to keep track of birthdays and anniversaries.  Posting pictures is very easy to do.  And if you belong to more than one "family" site, then you can post a picture (or news) and choose to post it on all the other sites at the same time. 
One side of my family is very large (7 children, 20 grandchildren, and up to about 10 or so great-grandchildren) and this is a fun way to keep track of what everyone is doing.  The other side is pretty big, too, but they just mostly use it to post pictures. 
Anyway, I know a lot of you enjoy the Forum, so this is a great way to get your family involved, too.
(No, I don't own a stake in this company.  Just thought some families who have people spread all over might like something like this.)

Roma Jean Turner

I agree with Tobina.  I started a website on MyFamily 5 years ago for my highschool class.  We have amassed so many pictures on that site.  It is so fun to go back and see pictures of us from grade school all the way to now.  I have just started working on one of the free sites for my step sister's family.  I have thought about starting one to put all the old pictures that I inherited from the Turner side of the family.  It is a great way to store pictures.   They have proved to me over the years that they are really concerned with being helpful and user friendly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk