Opening, again, a can of worms . . .

Started by Mom70x7, October 04, 2009, 12:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varmit

I have loaded guns pretty much all over the house.  My kids, ages 6-11, know not to touch them.  They also know what the guns are capable of doing.  I have taught my kids firearm use and safety since they were first born.  I hold the belief that children should have a book in their hands from the moment they are born,  a gun in their hand from the moment they can understand "yes" and "no".    I have taken all my children out to the "range" with me.  And with a little assistance they have fired all of my guns.  The .22 they all enjoy firing, the larger ones...not so much.  Too much kick and too loud. 

Quote from: Anmar on October 08, 2009, 06:36:25 PM
There would be total anarchy in the streets if it were that easy to purchase and carry a gun.

I disagree.  It is fairly easy to purchase guns here, no waiting period.  Yet we do not have anarchy here.  If you want to increas violent crimes then make it harder on law abiding folks to purchase firearms. 
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Tobina+1

Quote from: srkruzich on October 08, 2009, 08:44:05 PM
Actually just give everyone a gun.  it will make society politer!

Funny!  I don't disagree with giving everyone a gun, but I do disagree it will solve society politeness issues.  It will just make the bad guys learn to be faster on the draw, or have a more powerful gun.  Heck, they even outfit vehicles with bullet-proof glass, tires, etc.   I think that teaching people how to be "polite" comes from how they are raised as children.  Respect of the law, and of LAWS.  Doesn't matter if you're not gonna get caught... respect the LAW.  If the sign says "no guns", then respect that and don't carry.  You're speaking volumes to people when you don't.  How different are you than a common criminal?  "Oh, the law says not to shoplift, but no one will catch me, so I'm not really breaking the law."

Anmar

Oh please, are we reading the same forum?  I'm pretty sure the most rude people here are all gun owners.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

pepelect

That is the biggest crock of marijuana induced haze that has ever been spouted from your Muslim ass kissin' keyboard.  I think that remark is short sided, wrong, and just about par from the rest of the dribble that comes from your posts.  Maybe you should take time out from your five prayers and do some thinking about what you are saying before you spout off.  As you are stepping on your female relatives to make yourself feel superior and better than them maybe you should pay attention to statistics.  It would only take one pissed off christian women to wipe out the entire 40 virgin striving religion.

.............See rudeness doesn't require a NRA membership!

srkruzich

Quote from: Tobina+1 on October 09, 2009, 11:42:50 AM
respect the LAW.  If the sign says "no guns", then respect that and don't carry.  You're speaking volumes to people when you don't.  How different are you than a common criminal?  "Oh, the law says not to shoplift, but no one will catch me, so I'm not really breaking the law."
How am i different?  Because by carrying i am not breaking a law.  The Constitution says....
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

First and Second Amendment protections were always given the very strongest possible restrictive language – no law shall be passed – shall make no law – inviolable – not be deprived or abridged – not be restrained - shall not be infringed - nor shall the right be infringed - shall make no laws touching - shall make no laws to infringe. The Second Amendment's "right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" language was clearly not intended to allow for extensive reasonable regulation. Rather, it was intended to prevent all laws and regulations that would result in the people being deprived, abridged, restrained, narrowed, or restricted in the exercise of their fundamental right to keep and bear arms.

So therefore, SINCE the law of the land says I have a God given right to bear arms aka carry, use, ect... then I am not in violation of any law since there can be NO law that infringes upon my God given right.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Anmar

Quote from: pepelect on October 09, 2009, 02:27:39 PM
That is the biggest crock of marijuana induced haze that has ever been spouted from your Muslim ass kissin' keyboard.  I think that remark is short sided, wrong, and just about par from the rest of the dribble that comes from your posts.  Maybe you should take time out from your five prayers and do some thinking about what you are saying before you spout off.  As you are stepping on your female relatives to make yourself feel superior and better than them maybe you should pay attention to statistics.  It would only take one pissed off christian women to wipe out the entire 40 virgin striving religion.

see what i mean?
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

srkruzich

Quote from: Anmar on October 09, 2009, 02:16:12 PM

Oh please, are we reading the same forum?  I'm pretty sure the most rude people here are all gun owners.

Really now?  I dont' see any rude folks, I see folks that say what they mean.  IF your referring to folks not being politically correct, then you are probably right.  I for one do not believe in political correctness.

pepelect

Quote from: Anmar on October 09, 2009, 02:48:45 PM

see what i mean?

No I don't see what you mean.  Explain it to me so it will make sense.  

How do you relate rudeness to gun ownership?  You can have one without the other.  One is very effective weapon the other you have to reload.

Never owned a gun but can spot bullshit a mile away!!

srkruzich

Quote from: pepelect on October 09, 2009, 02:52:13 PM
Quote from: Anmar on October 09, 2009, 02:48:45 PM

see what i mean?

No I don't see what you mean.  Explain it to me so it will make sense.  

How do you relate rudeness to gun ownership?  You can have one without the other.  One is very effective weapon the other you have to reload.

Never owned a gun but can spot bullshit a mile away!!

Pep, its not bull shit, Bullshit is useful.  I can at least fertilize my garden with it. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk