Fire Prevention Week. Oct.4-10

Started by Diane Amberg, October 04, 2009, 01:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

" Stay Fire Smart! Don't Get Burned" is this year's national topic.
    Go over your exit plans. Has anything changed since last year? Did you move? Get married? Take in family members? Have a new baby? Take new meds?  Losing your hearing?
  Take a look around your house. Look for hazards that might not be obvious. Old or worn out appliance or extension cords? Loose outlets? Cords under carpets or tacked to the wall? Do your furnaces or fireplaces and wood stoves need to be cleaned and/or inspected?  Be very careful with candles, matches, lighters and smoking materials. Are your smoke detectors more than 10 years old? Replace them! Please don't become a statistic. Go to www.nfpa.org/edith for more.

Joanna

Thanks for the timely reminders Diane.  I'm actually forwarding them to my son for his young family  :)
I loved this week in school when I was a kid. I remember making great posters and the people uptown posting them in the store windows; having safety drills at school and the firemen came to school to show us important things to prevent fires and what to expect if you were ever in one.

Varmit

I LIKE MATCHES...PLAYING WITH MATCHES.... ;D
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

Diane Amberg

Help yourself....   as an adult you are the fire marshal's problem, not mine. Ours carry guns. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk