IS THERE ANYTHING MADE IN AMERICA????????????????????????????????

Started by frawin, October 02, 2009, 03:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

The Chinese are building lots of Furniture offshore the US on Ships. The main reason they like to build it on ships offshore is to save on the high cost of fuel for the ships to haul the raw materials to China then the freight in hauling the finished product  back. They get outside US  waters to avoid the US Wage and hour laws, and so they can dump any waste overboard.

frawin

Quote from: sixdogsmom on October 02, 2009, 07:10:50 PM
Agreed, Frank.  8)
mmmmyyycccommpppteriiiissssaahhkkiiinnnggg ssssoooo badddddddddddddddd IIIIcannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn barelllyyyyyyyy controooooooooooollllllllllllll iiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttt............

Diane Amberg

EEEK...and the machines rebel! ;D ;D ;D ;D. Frank, I agree I'd love to see more things made back here again, but as long as businesses  are free to make their own deals and influence those who can help them, what can anyone do? If people are anti union and anti government interference, doesn't it shift the natural course of business trends? I never really did understand NAFTA except that it made more money for the business corporate owners and not the workers, and yet there are those who think that is just fine. One group thinks businesses should be free market, but if it benefits the business to go to Dubai ,then that's bad? I really don't know any longer. No businesses seem to be willing to fight to get the US share of electronics, etc. back. again. It seems we are caught up in the information business and I don't know how long that can last.

pepelect

Can you buy an American flag that was actually made in the USA?

I found that if you open up your dell computer aside from all the semiconductors, power supplies, plastic parts, metal parts, and power cord the processor seems to be homemade.

The extremely loud quad of helicopters that buzzed arrowhead stadium seemed to be made in the good old USA.

Diane Amberg

Yes, there are American made flags.They aren't the flimsy cheap ones, they are good quality.

Tobina+1

Greatguns... I believe there is even some locally made cheese we can eat with our Forum whine, er, wine.   :P   ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk