Rolling Again - James Traficant

Started by redcliffsw, October 01, 2009, 06:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redcliffsw

This afternoon, on Hardball, Chris Matthews hosted an interview with James Traficant, the Youngstown, Ohio Democratic Representative best known for his "Beam me up!" catchphrase, his conviction and subsequent incarceration for racketeering, and his hair, which looks like a carpet remnant sewn from the fur of swamp rats, stapled to his head. Traficant is now a free man, and he's GOING ROGUE.

Matthews' interview with Traficant was MAGICAL. Traficant adopted the tactics of Rod Blagojevich: have mesmerizing hair, deliver a full-throated declaration of support for the little guy, and make a series of robust claims that he is a man more sinned against than sinning. "I still have Federales swarming around me," he told Matthews, "They won't admit that, but they're looking for every opportunity to send me back." Over the course of their interview,

Read more at:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/23/james-traficant-is-out-of_n_297359.html

Anmar

He's actually done more Fox interviews than anything else.  The Fox commentators love him and agree with him, i wonder why you chose the Mathews interview.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

redcliffsw

I'm not much of a TV news viewer.  The hardball interview seemed to be OK
as far as it goes and I did not see any other interviews.

I can't imagine very many broadcasters agreeing with Traficant to repeal the
16th Amendment which I think ought to be done at the earliest. 

You think O'Reilly, Beck, et al are now standing with the founding fathers?  I don't
think that's where they are -- yet anyway.  O'Reilly has a problem with the
Confederate flag, so he has a ways to go before he discovers the founding fathers.

Anmar

He was on hannity and Van sustren,  I don't watch TV either but i saw the youtube interviews.

I like hearing politicians who have nothing left to lose.  You get to hear some of the real stuff thats going on behind the scenes.  In some of his interviews, he really went into the whole lobbying system and how the cowards in congress have succumbed to serving the lobbies instead of the american people.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk